Chapter 6

Runningpaw woke at dawn by Goldenpaw's clumsy exit.
"Hey! Watch it!" Runningpaw hissed when Goldenpaw stepped on her tail.
"Sorry! I'm never usually this clumsy!" Goldenpaw whispered, trying to keep from waking the other apprentices.
"Well be careful on the dawn patrol. You don't want to make Ivyheart look bad." Runningpaw advised when Goldenpaw stepped out and had the sunrise hit her pelt.
"I'll try! Thanks Runningpaw! See ya later!" She quietly called over her shoulder. Runningpaw lowered her head again. 'Hopefully I can get a while of sleep before someone else wakes me up!' Runningpaw thought to her self as she yawned and snuggled into her nest.
°---°----------------------------------------------°---°
Runningpaw blinked her eyes open to see that the apprentice den was empty.
"Everyone must be out doing apprentice duties." Runningpaw whispered to herself and climbed out of her nest. She went out of the apprentice den and stopped in her tracks.
The whole camp was empty. Runningpaw looked around wildly for her clan mates.
"Hello?! Volepaw? Goldenpaw? Greystar? Snowstrike?" Runningpaw called out. No answer.
"It's a dream." Runningpaw whirled around to the voice. She saw a black she-cat.
"Who are you?! Where are my clan mates?!" Runningpaw demanded.
"It is a dream." The she-cat repeated.
"I'm here to give you a prophecy." The black cat continued.
"Why? Is something terrible going to happen to Thunderclan? Or any other clan for that matter?!" Runningpaw asked.
"There will be a cat Running with a wish to save a Vole's eye from a sky of Gold." The she-cat said. Runningpaw bent her ears back in fear at the cats words.
"Who are you?" Runningpaw demanded.
"I'm Hollyleaf. Remember this Runningpaw. You must know this when the time comes." Hollyleaf said as she started to fade.
"What does it mean?! Why me?!" Runningpaw yowled helplessly utterly shocked and terrified.
°---°----------------------------------------------°---°
Runningpaw shot straight up from her nest, her fur standing up.
"Runningpaw! What’s wrong? Scared me half to death for Starclans sake!" Lilypaw complained.
"Sorry Lilypaw. I-I had a nightmare." Runningpaw said.
"Well just be more careful when you shoot up like that." Lilypaw advised. Runningpaw nodded her thanks and decided to stretch her legs. She got up and walked out of the den.
Runningpaw saw that the camp was quiet but had some cats outside. Snowpaw was leaving the nursery, Shrewstep was guarding the entrance for his warrior vigil, Ashfoot was leaving camp with Longfrost, and Greystar was talking with Foxfoot over some fresh-kill.
Runningpaw remembered that strange vision she had of Foxfoot getting bit by the snake when she was a kit. She shook herself to get free of the nervousness that was going through her.
Hunting would probably help calm her. Runningpaw headed over to the entrance of camp.
"Hi Shrewstep. Feel good to be a warrior?" Runningpaw asked casually. He nodded with happiness in his amber eyes.
"Well I'm going to go hunting. I'll catch you something you can eat when you're done." Runningpaw offered. Shrewstep nodded his head in gratitude. Runningpaw walked past him and slipped through the barrier into the forest.
Runningpaw pounced and caught a mouse under her paw. She bit the back of its neck, killing it. Runningpaws ears flicked in the direction of voices. The golden pawed apprentice crept silently toward the voices.
"-with me Goldenpaw. When you're a warrior, we can leave together. We can start a new clan, or take over one of the other three!" A toms voice stated. Goldenpaw held her ears back in uncertainty.
"Maybe when we're older.. I want to live here as a warrior a little longer than a few moons Tigertooth." Goldenpaw said. Tigertooth sighed.
"Thats fine." Tigertooth said.
"Come on, lets go back to camp." Runningpaw hid in the bushes, disguising her scent. Goldenpaw and Tigertooth walked past her hiding spot. Once they were out of sight and Runningpaw couldn't smell them anymore, except their scent trails, she came out.
'Leaving Thunderclan? Are they crazy?' Runningpaw thought to herself. Runningpaw sighed. 'No, Goldenpaw would never leave Thunderlcan.' Runningpaw reassured herself.
She decided to end her hunt early. Runningpaw dug up her catch and headed back to camp, careful to not run into Tigertooth and her sister.
°---°----------------------------------------------°---°
"I'm back Shrewstep!" Runningpaw called, her voice muffled by her mouse. The black and white apprentice waved his tail at her from where he was sitting with Snowpaw.
Runningpaw ran over to them and dropped the mouse in front of the tom.
"Thanks." Shrewstep said as he pawed it closer to him.
"Hey Snowpaw." Runningpaw greeted the medicine cat. Snowpaw dipped her head in greeting.
"Well I'm going to go search for more herbs. Low on water mint." Snowpaw said. She walked to the entrance and passed through.
"Hey Runningpaw, I got a question." Shrewstep said bashfully. Runningpaw turned to him.
"Ok, what is it?" Runningpaw asked.
"Do you know when Lilypaw will become a warrior?" Shrewstep asked with a glance to the high ledge. Runningpaw followed his gaze and saw Lilypaw and Spottedpaw sharing tongues.