Chapter 24

All the cats gasped and backed away from him.

"Excile him Snowstrike!" A cat yowled out. Some cats meowed their agreement, glaring at the trecherous Tigertooth who didn't look like their demands bothered him.

Snowstrike raised her tail for silence.

"Tigertooth, for your actions against your clan and taking one of Greystars lives, I pronounce you exciled from Thunderclan." Snowstrike said. Runningwish watched her clan yowl in agreement to Snowstrike's decree.

As she looked over the crowd, her eyes met her sisters terrified ones. Tigertooth nodded his head and walked to the tunnel with mocking pride.

Some of the cats hissed at him as he passed. Before he left, he faced Snowstrike's fierce blue gaze of fury.

"I will leave, will anyone join me?" Tigertooth asked, sweeping a look across the clearing. No cat moved, all but one.

Goldensky stepped forward, struggling to stay strong as she walked over to her mate. She stood beside him, gaining new strength from Tigertooth's pelt beside hers.

"Goldensky? What are you doing? He took one of Greystars lives!" Voleye said, bewildered and bristling. He glared at Tigertooth with hatred.

"You wouldn't understand Voleye." Goldensky whispered. Lionpelt wailed, trying to run to her daughter, but was held back by Vineclaw and Leaftail.

The two cats left the camp, their tails being the last thing to be seen.

Lionpelt wailed again and fell to the ground.

"My kit! My kit has left with a traitor!" Lionpelt whimpered, her head buried in her paws. Vineclaw sat beside her and licked her between the ears in hopes to calm her down.

Runningwish walked over and ushered Voleeye over with her. They sat with their mother, hoping she would calm down from her grief.

"Hawkpath, Snowpoppy, I need you to check for wounds. Ivyheart, Ashwing, and Rednose follow Tigertooth and Goldensky and make sure they leave Thunderclan territory. Leaftail, Firepaw and Shrewstep, I need you to check the dens and ensure nothing got damaged in camp. I need cats to go on a border patrol to Shadowclan, come to me if you wish to join it." Snowstrike instructed. Hawkpath and Snowpoppy searched throughout the cats, sniffing for wounds and sending those who had injuries to the medicine cat den.

Runningwish watched in silence, calmed by the clan working together. Lionpelt had stopped her wailing and whimpering. Vineclaw was taking her to the medicine cat den for poppy seeds, leaving Runningwish with Voleeye.

"Did you know?" Voleeye asled suddenly.

"Know about what?" Runningwish asked.

"Did Goldensky tell you she knew about the ambush?" Voleeye asked. Runningwish twitched her ear.

"How could you think that?! Goldensky didn't know Shadowclan would attack!" Runningwish growled. Voleeye lowered his head in sadness.

"It doesn't matter anyway. She's gone." Voleeye said. Runningwish let her hair lie flat and laid beside him.

"We'll find her."