Chapter 14

Runningwish was laying beside Rainmist, her paws tucked under her soft chestfur. She had stayed up the whole night, never looking away from Foxfoots body.

Guilt had been the only thing that kept her from the blissfulness of sleep.

She needed to tell some one that she had foreseen Foxfoots death. But who would believe her?

Runningwish looked around the clearing, many cats had gone back to their dens and were sleeping. Only Rainmist, Runningwish, Rednose, Ivyheart, Barkfur, Firepaw and Greystar had stayed out.

Rednose was laid down beside his brother, looking up at the glittering blanket of silverpelt. Runningwish wondered if he was praying for safe passage for his brother.

Runningwish stood up, stretching her aching legs. She needed some fresh air from the forest. Anythinng to free her from this grief.

She walked to the fern tunnel and pushed through, passing Shrewstep and Spottedlegs who were guarding the entrance.

"Hunting?" Spottedlegs asked. Runningwish nodded her head and passed through the undergrowth.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Runningwish had caught a few mice and a starling. She had started bringing them to camp, but stopped when she caught an unfamiliar scent.

She dropped down and followed the trail. She stopped when she heard talking from up ahead. Runningwish insured she was downwind, bringing their scents to her.

Two cats. Runningwish's ear twitched when she realized one of the cats was her sister.

She crawled under some roots and peaked out at them. Goldensky was confronting a white she-cat with one green eye and one blue eye.

"I am no threat." The intruder said. Goldensky watched her uncertainly.

"How can I believe you? You're tresspassing on Thunderclan territory. Leave." Goldensky threatened. The white she-cat didn't even twitch a whisker.

"You do not know me. You can not believe in anything I say except for my word. Goldensky, your kit will be special." She said. Goldensky blinked.

"How do you know my name?" She hissed. Runningwish came out from under the roots. Before Runningwish could get a word in, the she-cat dissapeared into the woodland.

"Where did she go?" Goldensky asked, about to run after her. Runningwish pressed her tail against her sisters chest.

"Let her go." Runningwish said. Goldensky glanced at her.

"Fine. I'm going back to camp." Goldensky said, turning around and trotting away through the ferns. Runningwish sighed and went to go pick up her kill.

'What did that rouge mean that her kit will be special?' Runningwish wondered to herself.