Chapter 11

"Ashwing and Lionpelt can go cover the border down by the lake. Vineclaw and Willowpaw can cover the middle. Runningwish and I will handle the border up here." Foxfoot instructed. Lionpelt nodded. Her and Ashwing headed down the borderline. Vineclaw and WIllowpaw started walking away too.

Runningwish grew nervous when she realized that Foxfoot would be taking them through the areas the apprentices and warriors were told to be careful of because of the snakes. She padded up next to the deputy.

"Are you sure about this way Foxfoot?" Runningwish asked. Foxfoot tasted the air and turned to look at her.

"We need to mark the borders, Shadowclan has been... edgey." Foxfoot said, looking forward again. Runningwish nodded her head slowly and followed after him, silently fearing that one of them might get bitten.

Suddenly, Foxfoot yowled when a snake threw itself out of the undergeowth and dug its fangs into his leg. Runningwish ran forward and grabbed the snake with her thorn sharp claws and tore it apart. She whirled around and saw Foxfoot lying on the ground.

"Foxfoot?!" Runningpaw asked depserately. Foxfoot slowly started to stop shaking, then his eyes glazed over as he stared up to Starclan.

"Oh Starclan..." Runningwish whispered in disbelief, her vision from her kithood had come true!