Blue

(The picture is Kiefer Sutherland, the actor who would play William Marshall. His image went into the character."

S.F.N.B, July 1, 2015

"Um.....a Witness" said Jake, looking confused. Marshall nodded.

"He took a life boat, and collapsed, let's just say we found him, and he was in the hospital,  but he's now here in our medical bay. His physical health is much better, his mental health, not so much."  Marshall looked once at John, who began looking down towards the ground. Daikei was optimistic

"Is it possible, we could, meet this witness?" He asked, his eyes widening.

Marshall looked at Daikei and nodded.

"Yes."

Marshall led John, Jake, Lt. Swanson, and Daikei into a room, and there was a man, with black hair, lacing back and forth next to a couch. He gave a quick smile to William, and then went back to pacing. William threw him a water.

"thank you.." He answered, shaking.

William sat the others down.

"Eric? So you mind telling these gentleman what happened?" Asked Marshall. Eric looked around and then gave a slight nod.

He cleared his throat, and began the story....

"It was just like, you know, any other day. We were just there at the bottom of the ocean, like any other day, looking , like any other day. But then our radar went berserk, the heat gauge went to max...and-" he stopped. "It tore threw our metal like it was nothing....we fired everything at it, it did nothing to it. I've never seen anything like it."

Daikie interrupted, he had been writing notes. "Did you get a good look at it?" He asked like a reporter.

"I...I....I....I...it....huge hands, spikes, loud, very loud...." Eric looked up and then looked at Jake dead in the eye. "Blue...blue....the last thing I could see....blue...everything, everywhere, blue....."

Eric began to cry. He put his hands in his face. He was murmuring the rest of the story, while rocking back in forth...

"I got a life boat.......saw my friends die......we were helpless......and so was I......I was the only survivor.....who made it thorough........but I still see it......never forget it....b-lue-"

At this point small tears appeared in John's eyes. It was sense of determination, a sort of anger in his eyes, that made him willing to do anything. He couldn't see another man be like that again. He knew that for sure.

Marshall stood up.

"Gentleman?" He asked his hand gesturing towards the door. The men nodded and walked out. Jake, quiet the entire time, looked back once more at Eric, still murmuring the words

"I got a life boat.......saw my friends die......we were helpless......and so was I......I was the only survivor.....who made it thorough........"

He shut the door and the men went back to the table. He could still hear the last line being ushered.

"but I still see it......never forget it....b-lue-"

All the men went back to the chair, and Marshall stood up again. "gentleman, you've seen how this has affected people. For those you didn't come to see Eric, be glad you didn't. This is why we need everyone here. John, Daike, try to get a head start on our research, you guys heard the story? Srgt. Niret, Lt. Swanson, keep yourselves out for any news on any submarines. In your folders is the number and the name of the captions of the nearest one in the ocean. keep tabs. Everyone else, keep up and come back tomorrow, were gonna catch this thing, whatever it is."

Everyone grabbed their belongings and began to leave.

"Jake?" Yelled Marhsall, Jake turning around and acknowledging him.

"Yes?" He replied, Marshall coming towards him. He looked to the right and left and then whispered to him.

"Try not to breath a word of this. If you have to, I understand, but you don't want to raise any assumptions on something....we don't know what." He patted Jakes shoulder and the men were dismissed. "limos waiting outside to take your home."

Jake saluted Admiral William Marshall, and he saluted him back.

Just before he got in the car, he waved to his dad, getting in his limo. He could tell it bothered his father, but he could see hope and determination coming from his eyes as well. Jake was optimistic.

The entire car ride home, Jake just thought about Eric. What the hell was it that turned a great Sergeant , into the
man he saw today?

When he arrived home, he got out of the car, tipped the driver and walked into the house. Sam was cooking.

"Hey baby! How was it?" She said, dropping the spoon into the bowl and coming over to Jake, giving him a hug.

Jake began to breathe heavy.

"Baby, you okay?" Sam asked, rubbing his cheek, with a concerned look on his face.

"I got a life boat.......saw my friends die......we were helpless......and so was I......I was the only survivor.....who made it thorough........"

Sam stepped back, and her jaw was opened.

"Baby? baby!!!"

"but I still see it......never forget it....blue-" Jake stopped. He looked around and then leaned into Sam's shoulder. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I let it get to me.

Sam shushed him. "It's okay, I won't question it. It only matters that I love you." They kissed.

"I love you too."

Later when taking a shower, John though about his Dad wasn't gonna let go of today

"I got a life boat.......saw my friends die......we were helpless......and so was I......I was the only survivor.....who made it thorough........but I still see it......never forget it....b-lue-"

Jake wasn't gonna let it go either.