Nevada

(THIS IS IT!! The game changing chapter. 5 chapters left!!!!!!! Keep Reading!!!!)

SOMEWHERE IN NEVADA, July 5, 1998

There was string of emotions going though Jake Nirets mind as he flew in a chopper to a place he didn't want to begin to know.

For starters, he missed his family. A lot.   He wanted to hold Samantha and give Jacksona warm hug. Second, he didn't know what to think do his father. He was acting weird. He had never bought up Nevada at all after his mom died. Why now? And why not say anything to anyone? Then there was what was in Nevada, whatever it was.  Jake didn't know what lies ahead. And he didn't want to know.

The Helicopter slowly descended, and Jake could see two military vehicles across from each other. Blocking a black steel looming door.

"Welcoming" thought Jake as the Helicopter game to a stop. He waited a second until Lt. Swanson opened the door. Jake hopped out and dusted off his chest.

Admiral Marshall whooped around the corner as two armed military men approached him.

He stopped them dead in their tracks and showed them his badge.

"admiral William Marshall of US navy, you like to see this place for an investigation we're having." He asked. Jake didn't think that would cut it. The man looked at Marshall for a second and then the other one nodded back at him with a shrug. The let them in. Jake's day was full of surprises.

Now inside was a narrow hallway with a few men guarding a. A couple of doors that said RESTRICTED AREA. Then there was a hallway the led into a center window. The way looped around in a circle, with more hallways throughout.

Then he could see it.

It was huge and glowing. A purple egg of ginormous size. It looked like a giant chicken egg, but it was red and purple and continue to glow with the sound of thud following it. It was a heartbeat. He  couldn't believe it. He took a stepped forward and glared out the window. Then Marshall, Swanson, Daikei and his father appeared next to him.

"I....I can't believe they kept it." Murmured John.

Suddenly a man showed up out of nowhere.

"She is pretty. Isn't she Doc?" Said a bald man wearing a suit. "After all, she is yours." He then chuckled and stuck his hand out. "This is your first time seeing her, isn't it!?"

John cleared his throat and turned to the group.

"Everyone, this is Dr. Aaron Landing. He's been my eyes and ears in this place after I found out the spore had survived. He emails me daily energy levels everyday."

Marshall shook his head in disgust. Jake stepped forward.

"So all these years. all these years. You- you've been watching this thing."

John fixed his glasses and nodded.
"Like a Hawk."

At this point, Aaron returned, with a paper.

"Since you're here. Here's today's stats."

John's face sank

"My god, their getting lower by the day" he looked back at the egg. "What's going on in there? Huh?"

At that point the egg's heartbeat sped up rapidly, and John rushed over to the minter.

"It's signal, it's-" John's voice was cut off the by the slur sound of the the monitor's beep. Meaning no pulse was present.

John sighed and almost sank. Then the minister began fidgeting. So did the lights.

"Elliptical problem?" Said Marshall, being a smart ass.

Then the heartbeat came back, starting out slow, and the gradually getting fast and faster.

John looked timidly.

"Everyone get out."

Everyone in the building began to leave.

Jake looked back and saw that his father hadn't come out. He ran back in.

He ran and saw his father, sitting cross cross against the glass, watching the egg, now surging with light.

"Dad come on." He said. "COME ON!!"

He strips up and looked concerning.

"We're too late."

The egg started to hatch and a large hand Appeared. It was red, with bird like features, but it had similarly traits to that of a Pteranodon.  It's handed the ground and broke the windows. It eyed the two and they began to run. Emergency Protocol was activated and large sentry guns began attacking.

Marshall was standing outside, counting who he needed to come back with him, like a teacher in a field trip.

"Where the hell are the Nirets?" He shouted. Then he saw out of the corner of his eye, Jake and John running down the dessert. Then he saw it. A large monster smashed through behind them. The two tanks in gaurs immediately  began attacking the giant Pteranodon. It screeched, and then slashed through the tanks. Within the fire of the tanks. Two large wings expanded out and it roared as it began to soar away.

Marshall looked up covering his eyes with his hand.

"Congratulations Dr. Niret," said Marshall "You sent us hell."

Niret now begins f to cry. Gasped and out his hand over his mouth.

"What have I done?"

(Did you see it coming? 4 more chapters left. THANKS FOR ALL TE SUPPORT!!! The end is near!!!)