22.

Psychotic Love

22.

I really thought I was dead.

I mean, my eyes opened not long before I quickly blinked multiple times to adjust to the bright light that I was looking at.

I was in a white room, everything was white and dull. So dull.

But I couldn't move my body, I was numb all over it. I moved my aching eyes towards my arm and tried to pull it up, but it was like it was paralyzed.

I tried to remember the events to make me get here. But I couldn't.

I couldn't do anything. I felt weak and vulnerable. I hated feeling like this.

A door to my side opened slowly and a man in a white long coat came in with a serious look on his face, but pity in his eyes.

''Where am I?'' I managed to whisper out, my throat was dry and my voice broke, it seemed like I hadn't drank anything in ages.

''You're in the hospital, you were in a car accident.'' His voice was gentle, but I felt like he was screaming, my ears ached.

''W-what accident?'' My eyes were scanning the room, and I realized I was in a hospital room.

He was trying to take things slow with me, but the more slowly he was speaking the more I was getting annoyed. I wanted to know what happened!

''You were in a car accident one month ago, you've been in a coma ever since. You hit your head very hard, it's a miracle you're alive.'' The doctor gently placed his hand on mine in a comforting way.

''Was I driving?'' I asked after a few moments in silence.

''No, you were in the back seat... another man was driving but he wasn't wearing his seat belt and unfortunately he-'' The doctor was cut off, when a familiar face came running in.

''Oh, my poor baby!'' A woman who looked much older then me, tears streaming down her face.

She was stopped by the doctor who placed his arm out to stop her, ''Take it slow.'' He turned his back towards me and whispered something to the woman.

She nodded her head and took a step closer towards me, ''You're alive.'' Oddly, she looked like me.

''Who are you?'' I asked, my body was starting to wake up and I was able to sit myself up but my muscles burned and ached.

''W-what?'' The woman bursted into tears, and I didn't know what to do. Do I know her? Is she my friend? A relative?

''I'm your mother.'' She said, as she wiped away her large tears.

I stayed silent.

''I'm your mum, how can you not remember me?'' She sat on the hospital bed, and I wanted to move away from this stranger.

''You're not my mum. I would remember who my mum is and also she's dead.'' My voice made it obvious that I was confused and irritated that I didn't know who these people were.

''I'm going to ask you a few questions? You can take as long as you need to answer them.''

I nodded my head, the woman got off the bed and walked out of the room, a tissue to her eyes.

''How old are you?''

My eyebrows furrowed.

''I'm 16...''

Aren't I?

''What year is it?''

''It's 2013? Right?''