Chapter 1 - The beginning

Before you read on, I would like to take a moment to thank you for choosing my story to read. I hope you love it! And big thank you to everyone who helped me makes the story come true! And a special thanks to burninglilacs for proofreading/editing the story! ^-^ You know who you are! Well this story may or may not be the perfect story for you, I'm happy that you've at least taken a moment to start reading chapter 1. Hope you enjoy~!

(Ps. If you liked the chapter, plz do take a second or so to vote and comment :)

______________________________

Home. Home was where I belong, with mommy and daddy. Together, safe and sound-And happy.

But...that was until it began. The start of humanity's end: The zombies awakening.

I was only 8 that time. Why did I have to be so young- so hopeless, and most painfully of all, so useless.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~The beginning~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

At fist everything was a fuzzy blur. But soon, that blur came into the view of a familiar room; my...living room?

Now eyes fully open, I then see that it wasn't just my all-normal living room. It had been ambushed, cluttered with papers as if the wind had passed through. The back door is left wide open, where I could hear faint, screams outside the house, gunshots and explosions, along with scary moans and screams. What was happening? What was going on?

There I was, all curled up in my living room sofa. My. Entire body felt sore, from head to toe, as if I've just ran a mile.

My chest was heaving rapidly, sweat beading down my head. I was scared. I want mommy and daddy.

That's when I realize something. Where's mommy and daddy?

I panic. "M-M-MOMMY?" I cry out, "DADDY?"

A few minutes pass by, but there was no reply. Instead, I decided to search for them. Slowly crawling off the couch, once I was fully up, I hear another series of sounds.

Alarmed, I tried looking around the room. Where were the sounds coming from?

The noises continue, making my curiosity grow even more. It was a series of awful cracking, scratching and ripping noises. My eyes wander the room, and I soon realize that they were coming from the kitchen.

Trying to maintain my sanity, I took a deep breath, and begin to steadily make my way towards the kitchen. My loud pompous heart ached in my chest, with every step I take. And as I move, an unusual strain from the side of my head would pull me back.

I didn't know what I'd see, what would happen next. All I cared now, was finding mommy and daddy.

As I cautiously approach the door, the disturbing noises were louder now. Shivering, my whole body was standing, just a few inches from the door now. Though the door stayed almost closed, it left a small peak of light, pouring out.

Slowly, my fingers felt for the kitchen doorknob and turned it. Slowly, the door creaks open, revealing a small crack. Slowly my eyes poked through it, as I peered inside. And then, I came to realize what was happening right before my eyes.

Mommy was dead.

I was screaming in horror at the scene in front of me. It was Hell's kitchen. On the dirty checker floors, was blood. Red mush stained over almost the entire floor. And I see Mommy's body lying there motionless, surrounded by gross, rotten inhumane-like things. They were tearing her apart, eating her flesh, guts and any other remaining pieces of meat left with their long clawed fingers.