Chapter four

I look both ways and cross the street with a jog. Then on the First street I turn right.................

I cursed silently as I walk down the street. I couldn't shake the puzzling feeling that someone was following me. How could I forget it was the dark moon?

Overhead, low, thin clouds crept around the red-tile roofs . The cold didn't come to me all at once, but slowly and gently. I start to shiver and wasn't sure if it was from cold or fear.

I was just passing two houses when a soft scratching sound made me stop and turn. The breeze was starting up and a bunch of dead leaves scraped down the sidewalk torwards me. I feel a surge of relief and smile. And then I try to focus on something pleasent to keep my mind off the fear.

I stop fully aware of my surroundings now. I quickly look around confused. * where am I ?*

All I see are big dark, gloomy buildings towering over me.
Great. I'm already lost and of course I have to wander into what looks like the getto in the middle of the night.

Cause of course being me I had to sneak out of the house to get some fresh air.
I jump hearing the sound of metal cans falling I quickly turn around to see a cat walking on a dumpster I shiver and look at it with disgust.

*Oh how I do despise cats they are so creepy ehh. *I turn walking in the direction I came from.

I slowly walk by a McDonalds then stop walking backwards back to the door and look through the window

"hmmm maybe I'll stop for a burger" I say to myself then deciding it was a good Idea. I smile and open the door walking through.

I walk up to the cashier "Hello I would like a number 3 whopper meal with large fries and a large coke"I say smiling. The cashier slowly looks up with a scowl on her face pouting her lips.

"Is that all you want or do you want to add anything" She asks in a nasily voice.
My eyes narrow.

"Um could you add a chocolate cookie?"
She just stares at me and breathes out a loud sigh and types it.
"That'll be 7 pounds ".

I grab 10 out of my coat and hand it to her and look at her name tag which says Sharon
"Thanks Sharon keep the change " I smile fakely and walk to sit in a booth by myself.

I feel a cool breeze blow my long brown curly hair into my face and turn to see a group of teenagers, uhmmm wait I mean thugs walk in.

They come in laughing pushing eachother around. I turn to look at the workers their eyes widen with I'm only guessing with fear? Is it? I have no idea but they look extremely nervous.

One of the thugs with jet black hair and arms covered with tattoos walks to the cashier

"We will have 4 number 3 meals and that's all" and walks back to his I assume friends.

Confused I turn back around
*are they not gonna pay?*

"Mikey?" I jump to hear my nick name called and turn to see a tray filled with food with my number on it.

I quickly stand up, grab it, and rush back to my table. I feel a few stares. I squirm in my seat uncomfortable
*Maybe this wasn't a good idea........ but then again I am hungry so whatever*

I open my burger and put ketchup, and French fries on it taking a big bite of the burger moaning with pleasure finally having food in my stomach.

I feel a tap on my shoulder to see a fake blonde, with a few tattoos on his arms and a lip ring
"So you gonna eat that all by yer self" he says with a hint of an Irish ? Accent? I look at him with wide eyes oh god I'm gonna get murdered tonight I just stare not being able to answer.