Chapter Twelve

Mikey's POV
Before anyone could ask any questions I quickly run out of the house with my vision going blurry, terrified of what I might do next.

Reaching the gate I quickly climb over it and jump off the other side when I was about 15 feet off the ground. Then run straight down the street away from everything and everyone.

I honestly don't know where I'm running to but I just need to get away. Far away. I need time to myself to really think about this. It's never happened like this only when I usually was something small to happen  it would. But this was different I just wanted him to stop. I could've really hurt him. Like critically. But technically I just did.

After a long time of running I end up to the pier where Zayn took me about a week ago. A.N-hehe see what I did there. Song reference.

I stand at the edge of the pier looking down at the water. The waves crash gently against the legs of the pier. The oceans breeze softly blows  the smell of salt water, brushing my curls out of my face. Slowly calming my nerves.

I take off my shoes and walk back a few steps. Running to the edge diving into the water. I reach the ice cold water touching my finger tips then to my toes. Chills run through my body absorbing the cold water. I only do a couple strokes when I hear yelling.

Shielding the sun from my eyes. I look up at the top of the pier only seeing a shadow of a man at the top.
"Get out of the water! The tides are high! No one is supposed to be swimming!" I hear I'm guessing the life guard yells.

I groan looking around to see if there is a ladder. But there is none to be seen. I swim to shore. I stand up out of the water feeling my thin black tank top and shorts cling to my skin.

Zayn is standing there holding my vans. "Mikey?"
He's clearly confused as I am.

"Zayn your a life-guard?" Smirking raising an eyebrow. I cross my arms looking at him up and down. He is only wearing the typical bright red swim trunks with the white cross on the bottom right.

He chuckles looking down, shaking his head and hands me my shoes. "Why are you here? Weren't we supposed to meet on Tuesday."

Accepting them holding them under my right arm. I run my left hand through my curly hair.. well attempt...
"Just decided to come out for a run and take a swim." I shrug my shoulders causally.

"You decided to go for a run in vans? You do know that...That is really bad for your feet?..........." He then thinks for a moment "Wait I know you know that. What's the real reason?" Zayn's looks at me concerned.

"Nothing just got in a fight with Liam again that's all." I shrug it off not showing any emotion.

He nods not believing me. I walk up standing in front of him. "Am I not gonna get a hug I haven't seen you in a while?" My arms are held out waiting for him.

Zayn smiles embracing me in a warm hug, pecking me on the forehead making me giggle. Grabbing my hand leads me to the life guard shack. We stand there talking catching up. I feel the cool breeze blow against my wet clothes to my skin making me shiver. He rushes in inside and comes back out handing me a hoodie.

"Oh no it's alright." I shake my head but fail to not make my teeth chatter.

He gives me a look still holding it out and I give in taking hold of it . "Hey is it alright if I go inside so I can take off my tank top so it can dry."

"Sure." He opens the door allowing me to walk in and he walks out closing it behind him.

I take a deep breath and take off my tank top and put on the hoodie. The hoodie ends up laying almost to the middle of my thighs I decide to take off my shorts. Might as well let's those dry too.