Chapter Nine

My alarm goes off at exactly 6:00, The sound of a chicken over and over till I slide the screen making it stop. I lay on my bed staring at the ceiling.

"Shes leaving .......my best friend is leaving. And I get stuck with an complete asshole." I mutter to myself as I rub my eyes trying not to tear up.

I lazily stretch rolling out of bed. Walking to a night stand pulling out spanks and running shorts. Then walking to the closet pulling out a tank top that says"Zombie Apocalypse Running Team".

I put on the clothes, putting up my curly Knott's in a pony tail. I put on black socks and reach for my sneaker putting them on tying them tightly.
I sit on the bed with my head in my hands. Still not believing it.

I take a deep breath slowly breathing out and walk out my bedroom seeing Gem standing right in front of my door tears slowly streaming down her face. I tightly embrace her. She cries on my shoulder while I stroke her long soft brown hair.

"It's gonna be alright." I coo into her ear slightly rocking her. She felt so small and fragile in my arms. I've never heard her cry this hard in my life. Me being 5"7 I easily held her.

We end on sitting on the ground as she cries sitting on my lap with her arms around me like a child. We sit for about 10 mins, when I hear one of the doors open. I look up to see Harry walking out.

He sees Gemma and squats down and pats her back. "Hey it's gonna be alright. I already talked to mum and she said we will visit every week." she shrugs him off and girly and holds onto me tighter.

Slightly hurt, but understanding though, he stands up. "I'm gonna go say bye to Liam." He heads down the stairs.
So apparently Liam the douche is already awake. I pull Gem up holding her shoulders looking at her in her green eyes the same as Harry's.

"Hey girl did you hear that? Your still gonna be able to see me "Maximum Payne" Don't worry I still won't be able to beat you in a race when you see me again." I joke smiling.
She softly laughs and hiccuping the same time. At the name remembering she gave it to me the after the second week of training we had together. We were boxin and I wasn't giving it my all and she yelled "Come on give me the maximum pain Payne. Maximum give it your all!!"

"Wh-why aren't y-you cry-crying? You m-make me f-feel dumb crying b-by myself." She rubs her eyes.

"Remember I'm not aloud to cry." I say poking her nose. "Come on Vacca let's head down stairs.". We both stand up about to walk down the stairs.

"Wait Maximum give me one last ride down the stairs" Her arms are reached out in front of her. Giving me a teary eyed smile.

I chuckle about to squat. "Wait let me check my shoelaces first" I look down seeing they are tied tightly. "Ok I'm good.".
I turn around squatting and she jumps onto my back giggling. Putting her right fist in the air she yells "Run like the wind Maximum!!!"

I laugh and start down the stairs jogging an easy speed. We get to the bottom with everyone waiting. She climbs off my back. Giving me one last big hug pecking me on the cheek.

"Ok Mikey  now you need to be a good girl while I'm gone ok?" I smile and she pokes my one dimple on my left cheek.

"Why would I be good while your gone if I wasn't even good to be with while you were here?" I joke flicking her forehead making her laugh.

She then turns to my mom giving her a big hug. "Thank for being my second mom. Love you so much." She pulls away kissing my mom on the cheek. My mom nods in return.

Liam the says his goodbyes to Harry and Anne. I say goodbye to Anne giving her a hug. "It was nice to meet you. Please take care of Gem and keep a good eye on her." I say laughing .

"Only if you do the same for Liam" she jokes back and I give a small smile not really liking the idea being left with him.

I turn to Harry. "It was nice to meet you. See ya." I turn to walk away but he grabs my arm.

"Hey you give everyone a hug but me? I don't think so." He pulls me into a big a hug . I breath in his cologne. *Goodness he smells good*. I hug him slightly back laughing and pull away. Awkwardly walking backwards.

We open the door and watch them climb into the car. They drive the black car to end if the drive way. Then John our recently new Gate guard opens the gate for them, and the car drives out disappearing as it turns left.

We should probably get rid of John now that I think about it I've pretty much have snuck out twice.

My mom closes the front down letting out a loud sigh and smiles. "Ok Liam here is your new home." She holds her hands up gesturing around the house.

Liam smiles looking just like her. *It's weird really we are twins but don't really look alike except for our nose and eyes. I guess I look more like my dad than mom.*

"So now you are gonna start training with Michaella today in..." She looks down at her watch. "15 mins I'm gonna go get your lunches from Trina and make sure your ride gets here in 10 mins.". She walks away leaving me and Liam alone.

"Why were you with Zayn yesterday?" He asks me with a hard stare. I looked at him shocked, he even remembered his name, but even more shocked that he is even caring I guess right now.

"I don't think that's any Of your business." I curtly reply crossing my arms.

"Actually it is Harry said that guy has gotten into some really bad trouble and done pretty bad things."

"Ok?" I roll my eyes.
"Don't be around him any more."

"Um excuse me I thought you hated me. Don't talk I me like you actually care." Scoffing I look at my nails.

"Your right I do hate you but it doesn't mean I want you to get hurt by this guy I'm just warning you." Putting his hands up in defense.

"Does this have something to do with Daniel?" I ask remembering Zayn talk about her and Liam.

His eyes widen and narrow."How did you know about her?" His voice is deep.

"Oh I just happen to know some of her good friends. That's all." I smirk still looking at my nails in front of me.

"You know nothing." He growled.

"They said you lied a lot." I push forward in the conversation even tho knowing I probably shouldn't.

"Well I kind of had too. You don't realize how I had to live while you had a luxurious life do you? We were constantly moving around living in shacks not always having enough food to eat for only one a meal a day. She was always asking about my childhood. I couldn't tell her the truth or I would have gotten in trouble." He is breathing heavily now very angry.

"Then I course I had training a lot and I was missing lots of school and not seeing my friends anymore. She started to wonder why I wasn't around anymore. She thought I was cheating!" Tears look like they are about to form in his eyes.
"So she decide to get back at me while we were at a party. She went up to a guy and made out with him in front of me. Do you know how much that hurts when you are pretty much in love with someone and you see them go and carelessly go with someone else? No you don't ! And I don't think you ever will be cause you have this perfect little princess life!" He spats out. His face in mine with angry eyes.

"L-Liam im so sorry I shouldn't ha--"

"Yeah you shouldn't have. Now mind your own damn business and don't bring something up if you don't know the fucking story behind it!"

I nod scared of him. I will admit I feel bad and shouldn't have said that but still I can't help the way I grew up. He can't and shouldn't hate me for that. Jelly bean that's what he is.

We stand there not looking at each other and my mom comes back in the ion handing us baggies containing food.

"Ok so the car is here. Eat the food around 12 for energy and keep it in the car. Try your best and work hard. I will see you guys later tonight." She smiles leaning in giving us both a kids on the forehead.

••••••••••••••••••••••