Chapter Nineteen

I chuckle nervously  and pull on my hair. Deciding I need to make it less awkward I make a weird face trying to be funny. But all he does is frown which makes my face quickly heat up. Jerk.

Harry chuckles shaking his head. Pouting I grab the pillow beside me throwing it at him. Harry laughs blocking it from hitting his face. "What was that for?"

"You  know why" He raises his eyebrows smirking. "Actually I don't. Enlighten me" Now your just mocking me.

"You made me feel dumb you dummy "  He laughs again carelessly pushing back his hair his smile going I not a smirk.

After an hour of bickering over dumb things, a knock at the door is finally heard. Hearing it I quickly jump up relieved running to the door. Swinging it open I find Zayn standing there with messy hair in a flannel.  He quickly embraces me holding me tightly.

I hug him back closing my eyes. "Thank God your alright" He whispers into my ear. I smile into his flannel which smells of  dirt and the highway and now that I think of it kind of like dog.

There is a cough and I turn around seeing Harry leaning against the hallway watching us with a tight expression.   "Hey" Zayn says casually and Harry nods. I stand in the middle starting to feel uncomfortable. And as if Zayn could sense it he turns me back towards him.

"Happy Birthday!" He whispers in an excited tone making me smile. "Thank you" I chuckle.

"I got you something" He says pulling something from his front pocket.

I stare in awe as I see a silver chain coming out of his pocket. When he pulls it all the way out I see there is some kind of pendent at the end.  He hands it over smiling and I take it carefully looking at the rectangular pendent. I try to read the writing but then realize I can't actually read it. I frown and I hear him chuckle.

"It's a cartouche, right here" He points to the writing. "Is Arabic. ".  I let out a small gasp. "What does it say?"

He then laughs. "It's kind of dumb but it says Footy Buddy " I laugh shaking my head. "And it actually opens up too. It's just hard to see. It only opens with magic" 

I frown not really understanding. "How can I open it then?" Zayn stares into my eyes. "Concentrate really hard and you can do it."

Harry scoffs I turn around and he's shaking his head. "What Harry ?"  He smiles at me like I'm an idiot. "She can't open that! Are you an idiot?"  I glare at him for using harsh words.

Zayn takes in a deep breathe but stays calm. "Actually you would be surprised. Maybe she can."

"She's a Shadow Hunter she can't open it." Zayn is the one to scoff now. "Sure she is..... That would explain why she has such a strong aroma."  Sarcastically rolling his eyes.

My eyes widen and I pick my arm up to smell myself. Zayn laughs at my reaction. "No you don't smell bad." He taps my arm putting it down, already knowing what I was thinking.

"Now back to what we were doing concentrate on the cartouche. Okay?" I nod and stare at it, knowing Harry is watching us shaking his head. 

"Now do you see the faint glow at the edges" I shake my head not really knowing what he's talking about.

"Try harder. Concentrate. Take deep breathes" I close my eyes taking a deep breathe. Then open them narrowing my eyes. Just then a see a faint glow around the edges of the pendent.  Pressing harder it slowly opens revealing a picture.