Rainy Days and Familiar Faces

The rain dripped onto the window from the edge of the roof. The small pitter patter that it made woke Jess up slowly. A low crack of lightning lit up the dark grey skies. Her eyes fluttered open. She sat up and looked out the window, stretching her arms and yawning. "Good morning me." she said slowly. Jess moved her legs out from under her blanket, tossing them over to the side of her bed. She put on her slippers that looked like s'mores. They were heating for her overnight, so she also unplugged them from the cord used to heat said slippers. She looked at the time, and was glad that she didn't need a job to live. Her grandparents, parents, and aunts gave her enough money to live through retirement, so she didn't have to do ANYTHING for a very long time. Jess walked out of her room, shutting the door behind her. She moved through the hall and fixed herself a cup of hot chocolate with a shot of espresso. As the hot chocolate brewed she looked out of her wall-sized window. Los Angeles, her dream city. She had everything that she wanted; well, almost everything. She loved watching YouTube videos, and loved the gaming genre. She discovered the site at a young age of 5 years old, since she was 13 now. The fact she was living in a house on her own seemed phenomenal, but it was only because her dad decided she was old enough to live on her own, and he lived next door to check on her. Jess knew everything about houses; paying bills, repairs, etc. She already owned the thing, so she was practically an adult. The hot chocolate finished brewing and Jess poured the shot of espresso into her mug. She then added vanilla coffee creamer to the mix and stirred it lightly. The rain poured a bit harder, Jess smiling at how peaceful of a day it was.

She soon carried her mug to the couch, where a charging iPad was awaiting her. She set her mug down on a coaster next to where she sat and pulled up a blanket. She picked up the iPad and went to the YouTube app. There were three knocks on her door. Jess groaned. She got up and shuffled over to the door. She opened it with a tired attitude. "Hel-" She gasped at the person awaiting her. She knew his face from anywhere. "Tyler?" She asked curiously.

"Hi, I was wondering if we could chat for a bit..? Where are your parents?" he asked, looking around inside the room behind her. She yawned.

"I live here on my own, what's the problem?" Jess replied, waking herself up.

"No problem, it's just I've been trying to meet more people. You live across the street from me so I just kind of went: Fuck it." he stated. Jess was flabberghasted.

"Well, come on in!" she exclaimed, opening the door for Tyler. She always loved his videos. The famous Tyler Oakley, in her house?! Jess held in her excitement, but as a result she had a huge grin on her face. "Would you like anything to drink?" she asked.

"Coffee would be nice, if you don't mind." he said.

"I don't mind at all, besides, you are one of my idols." she said. He looked flattered. The coffee started brewing.

"Well, you already know who I am, but who are you?" he asked.

"My name is Jess, but on YouTube I'm known as Jess Impressions." Jess started pouring the cup of coffee. "Cream and sugar?" she asked. Tyler shook his head.

"I believe I've seen your comments on my videos before." he said. Jess walked over and handed him his coffee.

"One cup of black tar, coming up." she said sarcastically. she sat back down on her couch, taking her cup of chocolate and sipping it lightly, her iPad exposing the video she was going to watch. Tyler looked at it.

"How to Pole Dance 2: featuring the Game Grumps?" he asked, confused. Jess' eyes widened.

"I can explain." she quickly said, closing her iPad.

"No need, I get it was a silly video." he said, smiling. Jess smiled back.

"Don't you have a video to go do or something...?" She asked, kind of looking at her iPad and then back at Tyler.

"Oh, yeah. I'll talk to you later then!" he said, setting his coffee down and running back to his house. She smiled and sighed. Alone at last. Jess picked up her iPad again and started watching said video. She was laughing so much, you could hear echoes of her from three rooms away. She loved doing this all day. She loved everything. No.

She loved him.