We Have Bad News, and Terrible News

Jess looked over at the door, hearing three knocks and a familiar voice. "Yo, get your ass out of bed and get over here." She knew that voice from anywhere. Jess got up and wiped her eyes. She fixed her hair and opened the door. There stood her two best friends, Alyse and Keeli. Jess practically pulled them in there. 

"You didn't say you were coming over!" Jess said.

"Well we have some news. Bad and absolutely terrible." Alyse joked.

"First, we're going to VidCon." Keeli said. Jess' eyes widened and gleamed with thanks.

"Then, we're going to IndyPopCon." Alyse added, Jess now tearing up.

"Lastly... your choice." Keeli finished. Jess hugged them both tightly.

"Now get dressed, we need to get to the convention center... like NOW." Alyse pushed. Jess ran upstairs and got some day clothes on. Soon they were on the road and got their passes at VidCon.

She entered the building and was immediately greeted by two wonderful employees. They guided Jess to the lines and signings, seeing the Markiplier line wrap around about three rows. She sighed, slightly annoyed. She looked over at Jack's line, and it was surprisingly vacant. She ran into the line, already about three people away from Jack. Alyse and Keeli ventured off to do their own thing. Soon she was the next person up to meet Jack, and his signing/meetup time was almost over. The girl in front of her was extending her time by a thousand fold, and Jess got very annoyed. Soon, Jess saw the clock hit 12:00pm and sighed. She walked out of the line, with a disappointed face. She was stopped by a hand.

"Why are you leaving? It's your turn. You're the last guest for my signing today." he said, a big grin on his face. Jess tilted her head.

"But your time is up..." she stated.

"Well, yes.. You were looking forward to seeing me, though... I couldn't stand to see the last person in line to meet me so disappointed." he gleamed. Jess smiled. 

"Well, first off, My name is Jess. I'm kind of new to your fandom, and..." she stuttered a bit. "I'm sorry.. I'm kind of forgetting what I was going to say.. I never thought I would be here in all honesty."

"That's alright! Is it alright if we walk and talk? I promised a friend of mine that I would go to his booth once my time was up.." the Irish man asked. Jess nodded, following his lead.

"So far, my favorite video of yours is your Until Dawn playthrough. I even got the game for myself, and saved everyone!" she exclaimed.

"Oh? Well, I'm proud of you." he ruffled her hair a tiny bit. Jess felt very comfortable around Jack now, like they've been friends for a long time. "You're a pretty cool person, actually. Do you want to stick around a bit? I enjoy talking to you a lot." 

Jess smiled and nodded in reply. Soon Jack got to the booth and ruffled another man's hair. "Hey buddy, did you miss o'l Jackaboy?" he asked.

"No, I planned your funeral while you were away~" the man replied jokingly. The voice.. it was so familiar. 

"I actually met this cool girl! She was last in line to meet me, and I really enjoy talking to her. Maybe you would too?" he asked. 

"I have about 10,000 lines of people coming to meet me, but maybe on my break... okay?" he asked. Jack sighed and nodded. That voice was so familiar, she could almost put her finger on it.

Jess saw Keeli and Alyse in the line of the booth, and they waved. As soon as they came close enough, they had questions.

"WOAH! How did you get there?" Alyse asked. Jess tilted her head. 

"What do you mean?" She asked in reply.

"You're IN THE BOOTH?!" Keeli clarified. Jess shook her head.

"No, Jacksepticeye had promised whoever was running this booth that he would come over after his break was done, and he enjoyed talking with me so he asked if I wanted to tag along. I said sure, and now I'm here." Jess explained. Alyse and Keeli's eyes widened.

"Dude, you DO know who's booth this is... right?" Keeli assured.

"Actually no, I heard their voice and it sounded familiar, but we entered from the back and I never caught a glimpse of even a sign." Jess admitted.

Keeli facepalmed.

"You're at the MARKIPLIER BOOTH, DUDE!" Alyse said. Jess blinked slowly. 

"That can't be." she declined.

"Bruh, would we lie to you about something like this?" Keeli asked.

Jess smiled widely and held in her scream. "I'm going to tag along with them today!!!" she whispered-not-so-softly.

Soon, Alyse and Keeli were meeting him. Jess waited patiently, until Mark called her up.

"Wait.. are YOU the girl Jack was talking about earlier?" he asked. Jess nodded shyly. Mark looked over at Alyse and Keeli, then back at Jess. "...And you're all best friends?" he added. Again, Jess nodded. "You're all like... polar opposites, with you in the smack-dab middle of it all..." Mark stated. Jess shrugged.

"Well what can I do? There's a nerd in me and a rebel in me." Jess explained. Mark smiled softly.

Jess went back to her seat and took a few selfies with Jack, having a fun time. She then went on snapchat and posted a few videos on there, drawing CosmoSepticEye and Wandaplier from the previous year. Jess was very happy.