Chapter Seven "CONFRONTATIONS"

Liams' ...........................POV

I stormed out of my bedroom and headed out of the mansion, praying that I didn't run into anyone on my way out. I needed to get out of here now. But of course luck wasn't on my side and neither were any of the gods. As I fast walked down the hallway I ran into my dad Cameron. My steps faltered for a moment as our eyes met. What I saw reflected in his eyes had me gritting my teeth and hardening my expression even more. I refuse to let him see how is obvious disapointment in me affected me. I made to brush past him without saying anything, but then he reached out his hand and gripped my forearm.

"Liam, where are you going? Are you ok?" He asked. His voice filled with an emotion that I can't quite decipher.

I shrugged out of his hold and without looking back at him I walked away saying, "non of your business and it's not like you even care." I heard his sharp intake of breath at my blatant disrespect, but I refuse to allow the guilty feeling that his reaction caused within me to take root. I kept on walking. I was almost at the front door when my dad Hunter called out to me,"Liam!"

"Oh just fucking great." I thought, "just what I needed.........not". Turning around to face him I asked "what?"

I knew it was the wrong tone to take with my father, especially when I saw the look on his face. He narrowed his eyes at me and growled "boy, you better watch your tone with me. I believe your father asked you where you were going?" I could tell that his wolf Ares was at the surface. But I didn't care. The drugs inside of me was riding me hard and I just threw all reason and caution out the window and growled back "and I believe I told him that it was non of his fucking business."

Before I could blink, my dad was infront of me. He backhanded me so hard that I flew through the heavy oak double doors of the mansion. Breaking them and splintering them into pieces. I landed outside with a bone jarring thud, my head slamming into the ground, the wind knocked completely out of me. I saw stars. I also heard what sounded like screaming. I couldn't move from the pain that was coursing through me. Then I heard my dad Cameron yelling at my father.

"Hunter! What the fuck do you think you're doing to our son? Get away from him now!" My dad Cameron came racing over to me, crouching over me protectively, while glaring at Hunter. He tried to help me sit up, and as I did so I coughed up blood. This of course made my dad Cameron see red. "Look what you did to him? Hasn't he suffered enough?" He yelled out.

Hunter just stood there, looking at his mate and son. His first born. The child that he couldn't save from the horrors that had befallen him. The child that he's spent these many years trying to save from the path of self destruction that his life had taken. Deep regret coursed through him at his actions. But he felt like he was at the end of his rope. He had tried everything. They had all as a family tried everything to save Liam from himself, but to no avail. The more they tried, the more he pushed them away and the further he sank into his own personal hell.

Nicholais' POV........................

I don't know how long I was just sitting there lost in thought, thinking of what to do next. I was stuck in a strange world that I knew nothing about. A world that I had only seen glimpses of through the eyes of my mate. A mate that had just rejected me. I slowly wiped the tears from my eyes and stood up, my hand still protectively resting on my stomach.

As I made my way back into the bedroom, I heard what sounded like a crash and someone screaming. Without thinking I pulled on the clothes that my mate had given me and raced out the bedroom door that he had left open. I didn't know where I was going, so I just followed my mates scent. Something was telling me that he was hurt and needed me. As I followed his scent down the hallway and then down the stairs, I came to what I think was the front door. A small crowd was gathered and I could hear voices yelling. Without thinking, I pushed my way through the throng of people not taking notice of the strange looks that I was getting.

My heart stopped when I caught sight of my mate lying on the ground covered in blood. I ran towards him and literally snatched him out of the hands of the man that was holding him. He pushed me off of him, causing me to fall down. "Get the fuck off me." He growled, struggling to stand up. He finally made it to his feet, but swayed a little.

I looked up at him as he wiped the blood from his lips and sneered at the man standing in the ruined doorway. As I looked between them, I realized that the man was his father. They both looked so much alike it was uncanny. "Is that the best that you can do old man? Gerard and his men did far worst." He spat blood on the ground then he turned to look down at me. "As for you, I told you to leave me the fuck alone." I watched unable to move as time seemed to slow down. He raised his foot and started kicking me viciously. The first vicious kick was delivered to my stomach. I screamed as the pain richocheted through me. I rolled over on the ground in pain, my only thought for my unborn child as my mate continued to kick me. Several blows landed on my head and in my back. I continued screaming. I couldn't shift to protect myself, so I screamed for someone to stop him before he killed us both.

Just as suddenly as he had atttacked me, the attack stopped. I heard more screaming, yelling growling and snarling, but I didn't know who they were coming from. My last conscious thought before I felt myself being picked up and carried away was that my unborn child would survive this. Then blackness claimed me.

Liams' POV........................

I don't know what made me do it. Everything seemed to suddenly be covered in a red haze and an indescribable rage filled me. Something in me just snapped and I lashed out. Not just at my mate, but everyone. I started kicking him. My first kick landed in his stomach, and as he clutched his stomach in pain and rolled over, I delivered several more kicks to his head and body before anyone could stop me.

I could hear screaming and people calling my name, begging me to stop, asking me what the hell I was doing. But nothing really registered. Then I was suddenly body slammed and I went flying into the air, landing hard once again. But I came back swinging, unleashing my wolf Hades. I was met by my dad Rafe, while my other two dads Hunter and Cameron crouched over the body of my mate protectively.

Rafe growled and snarled at me "Liam! Son you are out of control. You attacked your mate. You could have killed him. You need help son."

"He is not my mate." I growled back. "And I don't need or want any help from any of you."

"Your change in scent and that mark you're sprouting on your neck says otherwise. And you do need help son. Look at what you just did to him. You could have killed him." Rafe growled back at me.

The rad haze of rage was still covering my vision, I threw my head back and roared then I launched myself at my father attacking him. He met my attack head on. I stood no chance against him, but whatever was coursing through me didn't care. As we fought, I knew he was holding back not really wanting to hurt me. But he still hit me hard enough for me to feel it, for the pain from his blows to resonate through me. By the time he was done with me I was a bloody mess and lying on the ground at his feet.

He crouched down to my prone figure and pulled me into his arms. I weakly tried to push him off of me, but my arms wouldn't work properly. "Come son. It's over now.", he whispered to me as he lifted me into his arms. As I tried to look up at him through eyes slowly swelling shut, I see tears glistening in his eyes. He leaned down and kissed my forehead the way he used to when I was a child and he whispered to me, "I'm so sorry for your pain Liam. I love you so much. We all do."

My last conscious thought was how much I didn't deserve their love.