CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT - THE BLOOD CALL

Liam....................

I sat at the breakfast bar with a cup of coffee in my hands lost in my thoughts. Nicholai was still upstairs sleeping and here I was worrying about how I was going to tell him the truth about himself. It was going to shake the very foundations of everything that he had ever believed in, not just about himself, but also about his family. His mother, brothers and sister. I was so lost in my own thoughts that I didn't hear the angry growl being emitted behind me, nor did I sense danger approaching until it was too late.

Angry claws sank into my shoulders and I screamed out in pain as I was tossed like a sack of potatoes though the open French doors of the pool house. I landed hard, grunting from the impact with the concrete. I looked up to see who had attacked me; I came face to face with Thorn as he grabbed me by the  front of my shirt and roared angrily in my face. "Tell me about the Guardian Wolf. Tell me about the boy that I see in my dreams. What is he to me? Is he my son?!"

"I have no idea what you're talking about." I yelled back at him, tossing him off of me in the process and springing to my feet. Thorn growled at me again, clearly not believing me. But I wasn't about to break a confidence.. Thorn attacked and I had no choice but to defend myself. The commotion that we were causing had everyone including Nicholai coming to see what was going on. I heard Nicholai's audible gasp as Thorn backhanded me into a tree. I came back hard and fast, unleashing my powers and full strength in a roundhouse kick that sent Thorn flying through the air. My father Hunter caught him before he could hit the ground. I didn't even notice that my parents had returned.

"What the hell is going on here?!" My dad Cameron yelled out. All eyes turned towards my three dads. I wasn't the only one that hadn't noticed their return. "We leave for less than a day and we return to this mayhem!" Cameron was royally pissed and all of us winced at the rage that was clearly written on his face and present in his voice. Everyone started scurrying away, tripping over themselves in their bid to get out of his line of fire. When the dust settled only my parents, my brothers, Thorn, Nicholai and myself were left staring at each other.

Nicholai ran over to me and embraced me, I put my arms around him and buried my face in his neck inhaling his scent. "Are you ok?" he asked. I nodded my head in response as I pulled back and placed a kiss on his temple. My parents made their way over towards us along with Thorn.

"Now, would one of you care to tell us what is going on here? Why were you two fighting?" Rafe asked crossing his arms across his chest. My parents looked back and forth between me and Thorn, yet neither of us volunteered an explanation. We continued to glare at each other in the tense silence that had descended upon.

Cameron growled out in impatient anger. He closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose as he said in a low dangerous voice, "One of you better start talking right now or so help me I will roast you both right here where you stand!" he yelled at us. Both Thorn and I flinched, this was not an idle threat. 

I took a deep breath and opened my mouth to say something, anything; but Thorn beat me to the punch. "Liam is holding information that I need. I believe that it is about a boy that could be my son." His words dropped like a bomb, stunning my parents and brothers into silence. Their heads swiveled back and forth between me and Thorn and their eyes widened in disbelief.

"You have a son?" Hunter finally asked locking eyes onto Thorn. Thorn wasn't paying any attention to him however as he was still glaring daggers at me. Hunter shook him to gain his attention and Thorn finally broke eye contact in order to turn and stare at my father. Hunter was grinning at him like a lunatic. "You have a son." He repeated. This time it wasn't a question. His grin widened further as he said, "I'm an uncle. I have a nephew."