Chapter Twenty-Five "LERAUNT"

PICTURE above NICK AUGER as Leraunt

The Blue Dragon flew through the night like his life depended on it. And it did. Both the lives of the Dragon and the man riding on his back depended on them getting as far away from the Supreme Dragon Lord as possible. And they needed to do it fast. So the Blue Dragon flew on steadily, swiftly through the night. His only guidance being the brilliant glow of the moon and the stars. He didn't need any of these though. As a Dragon shifter he could detect a needle glowing in the reflection of the moon on the forest floor far beneath him.

The Dragon flew over lakes, rivers, streams and seas. He flew over valleys and forested mountains and hills. They flew on for hours and as the leagues and hours of the night went by Blake wondered when they would come to a stop. Finally as dawn broke on the horizon, the Blue Dragon crested a mountain and started descending down towards a large clearing in the middle of the forest. The Blue Dragon trumpeted as he landed, calling the people that lived within the forest to the clearing. As tired as he was Blake quickly hopped of the Dragon's back and stood alert. He didn't know where he had been taken and he wasn't taking any chances.

As people began to come out of the surrounding forest and gathered around them in the clearing. Blake brought his wolf to the surface and emitted a low threatening growl. He sniffed the air in order to determine just exactly what these people were. He was shocked to discover that most of them were Elves. Mixed in were quite a number of Dragons, wolves and other shifters, also Faeries.

The Blue Dragon shifted and Leraunt stood naked beside Blake. Blake had no problem with this. As shifters, nakedness was a part of their existence. It was as simple as breathing to them. Seeing that Blake wasn't going to lower his guard, Leraunt said to Blake, "You can stand down wolf. No one here is going to hurt you."

Blake wasn't about to take his word for it however and so he maintained his aggressive stance, watching warily as an extremely beautiful, slender blonde male Elf walked towards Leraunt gracefully. The male Elf gave Leraunt a beaming smile and handed him some clothes. "Welcome home." The Elf said.

Leraunt took the offered clothes from the Elf's hands and then he did something that so completely shocked Blake, that he forgot about being on his guard. Leraunt cupped the man's face in his hand and smiling down into the Elf's eyes, Leraunt leaned in and kissed him, gently, softly, sweetly. The Elf returned the kiss eagerly, winding his arms around Leraunt's neck. Blake just stood there, mouth opened gaping at the couple before him. As they finally broke the kiss, Leraunt pressed his forehead to that of the Elf and smiling said, "It's good to be home love."

The couple finally separated and Leraunt quickly pulled the clothes on. No one else in the clearing had spoken yet. Leraunt grasped the Elf's hand and turned to face Blake saying, "Love, this is........." Leraunt paused, looking at Blake quizzically as he realized that he didn't know Blake's name.

Blake for his part continued to stare at them. He was completely shocked to see Leraunt making out with a man, much less calling that man Love. Leraunt had to call out to Blake several times, in order to get his attention, "Wolf! Wolf." Leraunt finally resorted to snapping his fingers in front of Blake's face.

Blake slapped his hand away, "What?!"

"Your name. I just realized that you never told me your name." Leraunt said.

"Blake. My name is Blake." Blake replied.

"Well, as I told you earlier I am Leraunt. This here beside me is my true mate Lyonel and these are our friends, our people." Leraunt said gesturing first to his mate, then to the rest of the people in the clearing surrounding them. Blake nodded in acknowledgement, a bit stunned at Leraunt's announcement. As far as Blake knew, Leraunt was as straight as an arrow, and he was supposed to be as big of a homophobic bastard as his father.