Chapter Twenty-Four "THE SUPREME DRAGON LORD - 2"

Picture above Nicholai's Father

The head of the guards gasped out loud at Blake's words. "You know about Nicholai! You know where he is?!" The guard hissed out vehemently, his eyes boring into those of Blake's.

Blake nodded his head at him affirmatively, saying "I not only know about him. I know exactly where he is. I can take the  Supreme Dragon Lord straight to him."

At this the guard spun around and commanded the patrol of men behind him. "Go back to your posts and not a word of this to my father. Do you all understand me!" The head of the guard brought his own dragon to the surface as he commanded the patrol of men. They all bowed their heads in submission and proceeded to do as they were told. The head guard stood and watched them all as they left, going back to their respective posts. He didn't speak until they were all out of sight and hear shot.

Spinning around to once again face Blake, the guard grabbed his arm and started hustling Blake away in the opposite direction, saying "You, come with me now. Not a word and pull your hood back up!" Blake, not understanding what was going on, did as he was told and allowed himself to be pulled along in the man's wake. But not for long. After a few minutes, Blake dug in his heels and jerked the man to a stop.

"What the hell is going on?! Where are you taking me?!" Blake yelled out angrily.

The man spun around his body vibrating with the rage coursing through him. Taking a step closer to Blake, the man invaded his personal space. Blake could clearly see the evidence of the man's dragon and his rage, as his eyes blazed with an inner fire so intense, that Blake swore he could feel the heat of it against the skin of his face. "I am trying to save your life Wolf." The man hissed out. "If I can smell my brother all over you, then so will my father. He will kill you. Now move!"

With that the man stalked away angrily from Blake. Blake stood there a moment in shock at the realization that this man was one of Nick's brothers. Blake resumed following the man in silence, still trying to understand what was going on. As they crested a hill and came into a clearing, the man suddenly stopped and turned to face Blake. "I'm going to shift into my dragon. I want you to get on my back and I will fly you out of here. Take you somewhere safe, until we can figure out how to get you out of here." The man said, anger still clearly evident in his voice.

Blake narrowed his eyes at the man, "Who are you?! Why are you doing this? If you're really Nick's brother, why don't you take me to the Supreme Dragon Lord? I thought Nick's brothers hated him. At least that is what he told me." Blake needed his questions answered.

"I am his brother. My name is Leraunt. It is because I am his brother why I'm not taking you to our father." The man gritted out, his rage intensifying, "It is because of just how much I love and care for my baby brother why I'm not handing you over to the Psychopathic, Sadistic, Deranged Son of a Bitch that we call a father." The mans shoulders slumped and he hung his head, shaking it from side to side. For a moment he looked dejected and defeated. He then slowly raised his head and said fervently, "I don't know what or who you are to my brother, but I can smell him all over you. So I suspect that you two are close or you were close. So I'm standing here begging you. If you have any feelings whatsoever for my brother, if you once ever loved him. Please don't go to our father. Don't turn my brother over to him. Please." The desperate plea was clearly evident in the man's eyes, written all over his face.

For a moment Blake's resolve faltered. But then Blake thought about Nick, he thought about Nick choosing to be with Liam instead of him and Blake hardened his heart. "Why shouldn't I?" Blake growled out. "You should be glad that I'm here to help your father find him. After all, you all hate him! You, your mother, your other brother and sister. All the people of this Dragon Keep. You all hate Nick. He told me about all of you and just how terrible you all treated him."