Chapter Ten

Edited

    I comb my fingers through my curls, attempting to detangle them without causing frizz. I smile at myself in the mirror, admiring my good looks. I look at the side of the mirror, seeing Jeremy through it. He scratches at his sketchbook feverishly, causing me to smile. He's drawing again.

Jenna and Elena are gonna want to hear about this.

I step out of my room eagerly, hopping onto the rail of the stairway before allowing myself to slide to the bottom of the steps. "Wheee!"

"Gabby, I told you not to do that," Jenna scolds after hearing my cheers.

"Guess what!" I exclaim, ignoring her comment.

"What?" Elena asks, stepping into view. I give a big smile.

"Jeremy is drawing in his sketch book again!" I announce. Elena and Jenna give surprised looks. "But don't say anything. If we encourage him he will just put it away," I warn.

Elena's phone buzzes, causing her to quickly look at it. She sighs in disappointment before putting it away.

"You and Stefan? Any updates?" Jenna asks. Elena sighs a sad sigh.

"He knows how I feel and where I stand and I know how he stands, but it doesn't matter," Elena explains. She puts her things in her purse. "He's leaving. He moving away."

Oh? "Where's he going?" Aunt Jenna asks, sincerely.

"I've stopped asking questions. The answers get scary," She answers. Yeah, no shit. She opens the door and walks outside. Jenna and I follow her.

"Yours leaves mine returns," Jenna mumbles.

"Logan?" I question.

"Yeah, He tried to get in. I didn't let him past the door though." Jenna answers with a smile.

"I hope you slammed it in his face."

"Medium slam," Jenna admits sheepishly. She looks a little embarrassed that it was a medium slam.

"Jenna," Elena and I both fake scold as we walk to the car. The three of us laugh.

"No more Logan Scumfell!"

Gotta love Aunt Jenna.

--------

"What happened here?" I ask, pointing to the flirting Matt and Caroline.

"They've been hanging out." Bonnie replies.

"Kind of odd. Don't you think?" Elena asks. I roll my eyes. You don't get a say, Lena.

"Well, she needs someone who isn't a homicidal vampire like Damon." Bonnie shrugs. After the other night's supernatural events, Elena was forced to tell Bonnie about the existence of vampires. She took it pretty well.

"Yeah, by the way how are you doing with that?" Elena asks. Damn. Our life has so much drama. We should be on a TV show or something.

"I'm freaked out," Bonnie admits, eyes widening at the memory, "Damon attacked me. I could be dead right now, but I'm also...grateful."

"Gabby!" I hear someone yell. I turn around and see Tyler waving to me. Shit, I forgot about the 'date'.

Bonnie fails to hide her laughter as he makes his way towards us.