Chapter Seventeen

Edited

"I say we go down to Pearl's, bust down the door, and annihilate the idiot that attacked us," Damon suggests. I roll my eyes at his dumb plan. Apparently two vampires burst through their windows last night and attacked them. Luckily for us, one of them was killed though.

Now Damon is hammering up a board over their window.

"And what, Damon? We turn to the rest of the house of vampires and say 'Oops, sorry'?" Stefan retorts.

"I can't believe you made a deal with her." Elena sighs, shaking her head.

"It was more of an exchange of important information," Damon corrects," She's very...scary." I roll my eyes. "Besides, she's going to help me get Katherine back." I immediately frown. He still wants her?

"Of course she is." Elena scoffs, glaring at Damon. "Damon gets whatever he wants no matter who gets hurt in the process."

"No need to be snarky about it," Damon mutters, making a face.

"I wake up this morning finding out that all the vampires are out of the tomb; I've earned snarky," Elena snaps.

"How long are you going to blame me for turning your birth mother into a vampire?" He sighs, tired of  with a slightly bored tone.

"I'm not blaming you, Damon. I've accepted the fact that you're a selfish psychopath with no redeeming qualities." She crosses her arms, chin raised in both defiance and self-righteousness.

"Okay," I interrupt, "Let's stop that conversation right there before someone gets hurt. "

"She's right," Stefan agrees, surprising me, "We're getting nowhere with this. Let's try and deal with Pearl and the vampires, yeah?"

Damon rolls his eyes before walking off to the other room. I look at my sister, seeing her snuggle up against Stefan. Not wanting to be an extra wheel again, I follow Damon into the study.

He's already sitting in an armchair, a glass of scotch or whiskey or whatever in his hands. "Aw, did someone's feelings get hurt by the mean girl?"

"Maybe.."

"She'll come around," I reassure, looking back through the doorway. I sigh before taking the seat beside him. "So, what are we going to do about the vampires?"

"Stefan and I at going to go kill them."

"Fun, what about me and Elena?" I ask.

"You guys are going to stay in your house, and do nothing."

"Oh come on," I whine, "I can't just sit there and do nothing! I want to help!"

"You can help by staying safe," he suggests, downing the rest of his drink.

"Well, what about you?"

"What about me?" He straight up starts drinking from the bottle.

"Your safety. I don't want you, like, dying or anything," I reply.

He chuckles. "Gabby, I'm Damon Salvatore. I'm not gonna die." He shoots me a smirk. "What, are you worried about me?"

I let out a sigh. "Believe it or not, Day, I consider you my friend. Your safety is somewhat important to me."