Chapter Twenty - Seven

Edited

    I knock on Caroline's door carefully, hoping last time won't happen again. She opens it with a happy face before quickly taking a few steps back. She looks at me fearfully.

    "Listen for the heartbeat, Care," I instruct, making her scared face fall.

    "Sorry," she lets out before gesturing for me to come inside. This is the fifth time this has happened. Caroline takes a while to concentrate on listening to a heartbeat.

    "We really need to do something about this." I sigh.

    "Yeah," she agrees. The two of us are silent for a few seconds until a mischievous smile forms on her lips.

    "Caroline..." I start cautiously, "am I going to like this?"

    She grins at me before giving an innocent look. "Maybe."

    I dash towards the door, making it a few feet before she suddenly appears in front of me. I let out a yelp, placing my hand over my rapidly beating heart. "I forget you're a vampire," I mumble.

    "I'm glad you agree to the makeover." She gives me a smug smile before grabbing my arm and leading me to her car.

    "Nothing too crazy, right?" I whine as I willingly sit in her car.

    "I mean..."

    "Care!"

    "Fine, fine!" She agrees, "I'll let you choose." She puts the car in drive before asking, "so what do you want?" I give some thought to it and smile. Perfect. Caroline sees my smile. "I assume you've thought of something?" She asks. I nod eagerly. "Are you going to tell me?"

    "Nope." I smile.

    "Aw, come on!" she whines.

    "Hey, you're forcing me to do this! I'm gonna make it a surprise!"

---------

    Caroline runs out of the car as I exit the hair salon. I give a hair flip as she exclaims, "oh my god! You look amazing!"

    "Thank you!" I say graciously as I miss it.

    "Damon is going to love it!" she exclaims once more before taking a few strands of my hair in her hand. "Jenna and Elena will kill you though."

    "Who cares?" I shrug, "It's my hair. Besides, this will help with any future attempts to trick us by Katherine."

    That's right my hair is now ombré. (Picture on side) It's not ugly. I already had the hairstylist take a picture.

    "Do you like it?" Caroline asks.

    "Of course! It's awesome!" I give her a small grin,
"Thank you for forcing me to do this."

    "What are best friends for?"

---------

    "Hey, Gabby!" A voice calls out from behind me as I walk on the sidewalk to the Salvatore House. I let out an annoyed groan at the sound of Mason Lockwood's voice.

    "Gabriella," I correct, turning in my spot. I take a step back, trying to maintain caution against him. Damon told me about his attempt to kill Mason last night by injecting him with silver.

    "You're boyfriend tried to kill me last night," he chuckles, shaking his head, "He actually thought injecting me with silver would kill me."