Chapter Nineteen

Edited

I put my sunglasses on, protecting my delicate eyes from the bright sun. My head hurts, but I try to ignore it due to the lack of aspirin in the house. I suspect Jenna hid it as my punishment for underage drinking.

    "I'm in so much pain," I complain as Elena and I walk up to the school.

    "How did you get so many drinks last night?" Elena asks, laughing at my pain.

   "I took one from Damon and then the rest were just...there."

    A red car I've seen at least once in my life parks itself beside us. I raise my brows as Stefan steps out. Like me, he's wearing sunglasses. Can vampires get hungover?

    "Nice car," Elena comments walking towards him.

    "Thought it was waste to leave it sitting in the garage." Stefan shrugs, taking off his sunglasses.

    They give each other a kiss. "Ew guys. PDA," I comment stepping towards them.

    "Stefan, I didn't think you were coming today." Elena smiles.

    "You know, I woke up this morning feeling great and thought it was time to get back into things." Is Stefan good with the blood now? He points to my face. "What's with the glasses?"

    I make a face. "I'm a cool chick, Stef. Cool girls where sunglasses."

     "She's hungover," Elena explains.

"Sounds right," Stefan responds.

"Ouch," I respond, raising my brow, "glad to know you have faith in me."

"You're okay now?" Elena asks, focusing her attention back on Stefan. "With all the cravings?" Elena asks changing the subject back.

"Yeah," he answers, "The worst part is over so.. I want to spend as much time with you as possible." Stefan smiles.

They both look at each other for a few moments, as if they are having a love moment where in the end they both live happily ever after.

"I'm okay with that." Elena smiles. They give each other another kiss.

I let out a sigh. "I'll catch up with you. I need to get my stuff," Stefan excuses, pulling away from their kiss. Elena nods as he starts walking away.

I wait a few minutes before saying, "I don't think he's okay," I admit.

"Gabby!" She scolds.

    "What? He's a you-know-what, Elena. We have no idea how long it takes them to gain control." Elena looks scared because she knows it's true.

    She shakes her head, looking like she might cry.

    "He's different."

------

    "Bonnie!" Elena calls out. My eyes widen when Bonnie turns to face us. I haven't seen her since her Grams died.

    "Hey," she greets, noticing it's just us. She turns around, walking away from us. Rude.

    We step quickly, trying to get beside her. "We tried to grab you after class, but you already left." I pant, clutching my head. Bonnie sighs before stopping to talk to us.