Chapter Thirty - Nine

Edited

    "Hello, Gabriella," Isobel's emotionless tone greet. I glare as she gives a small smile. "It's nice to see you again."

    "Again?" Jenna whispers in shock.

    I step forward, making sure Jenna is behind me and I'm not in the threshold. "Get out," I snap.

    "Who is it?" Elena questions, as she walks down the steps. She takes a second to look at the situation. "Isobel."

    "It's nice to see you as well, Elena," Isobel greets with a small smirk.

   "What's happening here?" Jenna asks, switching her gaze between the two of us.

    "So you're the woman dating my husband." Isobel states, getting Jenna's attention. "I need to speak to Gabriella and Elena. May I come in?"

    "No," I snap.

    "I need to speak with you two."

    "And we said no. Good night." I reply, slamming the door in her face. Good Gabby.

    I face Jenna who looks likes she's about to burst into tears. "You knew she was still alive?" Jenna whispers, about to cry. Bad Gabby. I stand there, my mouth agape as I try to think of something to say. Jenna turns to Elena, who is also crying. "You too? Rick? John?"

    "Jenna, we can explain—" Elena starts. Jenna takes off and starts running up the stairs. Elena and I follow.

    "No, Jenna please!" Elena starts. Jenna runs into her room and slams the door. Elena and I nearly run into the door. A tear falls down my face too. She trusted us to tell her everything and we've let her down. Downer Gabby.

    But you were only trying to protect her. Cheering up Gabby.

    "Jenna, please," I beg, "We have to explain to you."

    "Jenna...please..." Elena begs. She leans her head against the door in shame. I hear Jenna sobbing heavily on the other side.

    This did not turn out well.

    "If she comes back," I warn before quickly wiping away the tear trail on my cheek, "don't let her in."

----------

    After last night's fiasco, Elena and I called Ric for some moral support. That, and it'd be good if he were here to help explain the situation.

    "Is she doing okay?" Ric asks as I close my front door behind him.

    "She won't come out of her room, if that's what you mean," I reply before crossing my arms.

    "What did you tell her?" He switches his gaze between Elena and I.

    "Nothing," Elena admits before letting out a sigh. "She wouldn't talk to either of us." We both stop at the bottom of the stairs, staring at the top where Jenna's closed door is.

    "This is really bad," Ric notes, "We're going to have to fix this." Ric tells me.

    I scoff. "You think?"

    Her door suddenly opens, surprising all three of us, before she suddenly rushes down the steps with a bag over her shoulder.