Chapter Twenty - Three (Season Two)

Edited

    A loud bang interrupts my happiness. What was that? A flash runs by and the back door opens.

    I run into the kitchen grabbing a lamp to somehow help me. I look through the door way but don't see anything. I walk in and look to my left. Nothing. Then I look to the right. I see something horrific. There was blood on the counter and on the floor. I gasp at the sight before me.

    Oh my god.

    "John!" I cry out, dropping the lamp and running over to him. He's clutching on to his hand, groaning in pain. "What happened?" I kneel next to him and grab a washcloth. My eyes widen at the lack of fingers. Holy shit.

    I grab the phone and dial 911. "911 what's your emergency?"

    "Hello? I need an ambulance to 2104–"

    "Behind you," John whispers weakly.

    "What?" I ask.

    "Behind you!" John whispers a little louder. I quickly turn around, but no one is there. I grab the bloody knife laying next to John and stand up, looking around Incase anything might come at us. I take slow steps towards the front door, gasping as something zooms by me.

    "Jeremy," I gasp in realization. "Jeremy!" I call out, running up the stairs. I run into his room and see him asleep on the bed.

    "Jeremy!" I call out again, running beside his bed. "Wake up! Please, Please, Wake up!" I plead, patting his cheek hard. His eyes open widely as he gasps loudly.

--------

    The ambulance takes John away on a stretcher thing. Elena and Stefan walk in as John's carried out.

We walk into Jeremy's room. "What happened?" Stefan, walking over to Jeremy.

"He said Anna gave him her blood and then he took some of Elena's old pills. He looks fine but I have no idea if he is," I explain, wrapping my arms around myself.

Stefan kneels down next to Jeremy and grabs his face. "I'm fine!" Jeremy protests, trying to get out of Stefan's grip. "I feel exactly the same."

"Should I go call a paramedic? Or someone?" Elena asks, not sure what to do.

"No," he reassures, "he's fine." Stefan sighs, getting up.

"So you mean I'm not a vampire?" Jeremy asks with disappointment. "Damnit."

"Why would you want that, Jer?" I ask.

"Did you hear about what happened to Anna tonight?" Jeremy snaps before standing up, "She's dead."

"Jeremy, Jeremy come here," Stefan demands, grabbing his face and sitting him down. "I'm very sorry about Anna, but it's very important that you listen to me right now. With every passing moment Anna's blood is leaving your system. If you tried to kill yourself you could really die. " Stefan explains. Jeremy says nothing. Stefan slaps him on the cheek. "Hey, did you listen to me?"

"Stefan!" I exclaim pushing him away from Jeremy.

"It's okay Gabby," he reassures, "I understand." Jeremy sighs. He called me by my nickname.