one

okay guys so right now michael is sixteen and calum is eighteen because i didn't want to start it off from the prologue because then there's no cute af malum

but yes, when the present day comes calum will be twenty-two and michael will be twenty

+

four years before

"calum! stop it it hurts!" michael let out a squeal that soon followed with a laugh.

i kept my hands going, moving down his sides as i continued to tickle him. "you have to say you're sorry."

"i didn't do anything though!" michael attempted to shove my hands away and i paused my actions. "so you didn't just steal my lollipop and suck it right in front of my face?"

michael blushed, turning his head to side and mumbling out a small 'no'. i rolled my eyes, resuming my movements making him let out a loud laugh. his white dyed hair stood out against the freshly cut green grass i had tackled him on. i straddled his lower thighs, smiling innocently at my actions.

before i could continue though, the front door of my house opened and out stepped my mother with a flip flop in her hand. "calum! let the poor boy go because i smack you upside the head boy." she spoke snappily and michael let out a loud sigh of relief. 

i got off of him and stood up, holding my hand out to which he took happily and i helped him up. i dusted off my clothes a bit, michael doing the same before moving his hands to his hand and getting some of the grass strands out. 

once he was done, he outstretched his hand that i took and intertwined our fingers together. no, we weren't dating before you start to ask questions. we're just really good friends and didn't have a problem with holding hands.

or cuddling

or spooning

or goodnight kisses on the forehead.

our hands swung in between us as we made our way up to my house. michael's was next to mine, our backyards having a gate in between so we could come in whenever we wanted. i opened the sliding glass door, taking off my shoes before stepping in. michael was already barefoot as he followed closely behind.

"your dad is working late again." my mom gave me a small smile from the kitchen where she was reading a magizine.. 

both my parents were cops, and they were extremely good at what they do. my dad was the chief while my mum was some night's watch. i never payed much attention to it except for the fact that they make a lot of money. 

"we'll be in my room." i tugged michael up the stairs. once we were in my room, i opened the door that lead to the balcony and michael shook his head smiling as he stepped out. i watched as the white haired boy jumped across from my balcony to his own and went inside. 

he then later came back with damp hair and sweatpants that hung low on his hips. a black t-shirt was gripped between his teeth as he jumped back over. "sorry i took so long, my parents were saying goodbye." 

i nodded and michael threw his shirt on. 

his parent's were traveling scientists, constantly going around and i was surprised michael was able to handle not having them be there for him. but none of the less he knew that they loved him a lot. 

almost.

i sat down on the bed, opening my arms to the sniffling boy in front of me and he crawled into them. i hugged him to my chest, running my fingers through his hair lazily. "how long?"

"six months, your parents are letting me over for breakfast and stuff if i don't feel like cooking." he looked up at me through his long eyelashes and i nodded.