eleven

I FEEL LIKE SUCH AN ASSHOLE I'M SORRY I'M NOT UPDATING I JUST HAVE HAD THREE WHOLE ESSAYS TO WRITE AND I ALMOST STARVED MYSELF AGAIN BECAUSE OF THE STRESS AND I'M REALLY SORRY GUYS 

+

"asshole." i muttered under my breath as i helped michael pick up his books. i glanced up to see chris riley sticking his tongue out and flipping us off before he turned back around and adjusted his backpack. 

i stood up and watched as michael smoothed out the black high waisted skirt we had stolen last week. i laughed a little, realizing that chris was never going to know we stole his girlfriend's skirt and he'd have to buy her another one.

michael smiled and put a few books away before grabbing my hand and leading us to our next class. as soon as we stepped into the chemistry room, we took our seats in the front to the far left. 

i never understood why kids always went towards the back because if i'm being honest, you're less likely to get caught with your phone when you're sitting in the front. the teachers practically eye rape the back of the class and while they're too busy you might as well pull out a laptop. 

michael smoothed out his skirt again before turning around as something hit his back. he turned around confused. "yes?"

"where'd you get your skirt?" a boy snickered and michael nearly rolled his eyes. "walmart, you know, the place you can only afford from?"

a chair was scraped back against the chair as he stood up and i turned around in my own chair. "you want to say it to my face?"

"i already did." michael tilted his head to the side innocently before glancing down at his sleeve and fixing it. it was a white t-shirt with the words las vegas printed on the front.

the boy huffed as the teacher walked in and michael winked at him earning a disgusted glare. "faggot."

michael's confident smile fell and i poked his side making him squirm, the smile coming back.

i always knew how to cheer the boy up, and one of them including poking his sides. during the seventh grade when we sat next to each other i would poke his side and he would squirm to the left so the next day i poked him again and sang  "to the left to the left to the left!" as loud as i could. 

after that day he always smiled every time i did it because i knew it made him a little bit more happy. 

i snapped my thoughts away as the teacher started to write on the board and i grabbed my notebook and pencil, scribbling down some of the notes. 

i didn't notice the frown that had come back on michael's face, though.

+

"i think we should just stay inside, you know like normal people?" my eyes pleaded as michael threw on a black sweatshirt, getting ready for tonight's stealing session. 

"you can stay if you want, i'll go out." michael looked at me and shrugged and i instantly shook my head. "what if you get caught?!"

"i'm not, watch me." michael walked over to the doors and opened them before stepping onto the balcony and leaving.

i groaned, starting to bite at my finger nails as michael clearly wasn't coming back till he stole something. i didn't even know who's house he was going to and he left his phone. i sighed, falling back onto the pillows and just waiting for michael to come back.

i mean, if he does.

+

short update but there's another one coming