twenty-six

i know it's been a while but uhm i passed the test 

but yeah anyways there's four more chapters left and excuse it if it just starts to get out of control in such a short period of time

+

1 year before present day

"y-you what?!" i contained myself from slapping michael across the face. "michael! you can't just steal all your money from your parents! they worked hard for that, you of all people would know that!" 

"hard for it? they kept me out of their life! now they know how it feels to lose something close to you." he harshly zipped up the suitcase piled with thousands of dollars. maybe millions. "that doesn't make it okay!"

"fine calum! you know i thought you'd just be okay with this since you've been fu.cking stealing even though we aren't supposed to be." he glared at me as he stood the suitcase up and tugged on his shoes. "i guess my parents won't be the only ones losing something close to them."

i grabbed at michael's arm tightly before he could walk out the door, giving him a stern look but he just shook his head and pushed me away. 

i wasn't having it.

"what do you plan to do exactly huh?" i asked and he turned around and stopped. "what?"

"the money, what are you going to do with it?"

"spend it."

"on what? affection? because you can't buy that."

"things that i want, calum." he starting making his way down the stairs. his parents were at work, this time in the city and not over seas thankfully. the front door opened and closed and i glanced outside of michael's window, watching him get into the car his parents recently bought for him and stuff the suitcase in the back seat. 

as soon as the car drove off, my eyes started to brim with tears.

i grabbed my phone from my pocket and did the stupidest thing i've ever done.

i called the police.

"911 whats your-" 

"there's a black lexus heading out of west- uh no he has millions of dollars in cash in the suitcase in his backseat- i watched him pack it all- he was probably armed? i didn't want to- okay, thank you." i hung up the phone quickly and watched as the sounds of sirens started to go off. i wiped at my tears that were streaming down my face as the cars raced past me. 

i left michael's and waited in my room, trying my best not to just turn on the tv but i grabbed the remote anyways and pressed the power button. i changed to the news channel and my eyes widened at the scene.

michael was being taken out of the car, the suitcase being  handled by officals and it switched to one of our classmates who was at the scene.

"yeah i go to school with him-" chris glanced back at him every now and then but continued to answer the questions. "i never knew that he would do something like that you know?"

the camera cut back to the reporter and i listened carefully. 

"the young man known as michael clifford is being sent to jail for the next thirteen months as his parents were contacted and an agreement was worked out. no trial was wanted as he confessed he did steal the money and no one was making him." she looked sympathetic for him but snapped back into her state. "i'm cacey-"

i turned off the tv. 

the last thing i knew, however, was we were going to switch places one day.