twenty-four

ya'll deserve some cute malum fluff and some sadness i guess

+

"so we've been out of school for a while." michael hummed. his legs were intangled with my own as we laid on his bed. his face was hiding in the crook of my neck as i pressed light kisses to the top of his head. "and i think i think we should stop stealing for the next two years."

my eyes widened. "two years?"

"well after the cop thing i don't think we should keep going." michael hummed again and glanced up at me through his eyelashes. i licked my lips. "what do we do then?" 

"maybe we can go out? like on dates and stuff." his finger traced across my stomach. 

"well we both have jobs, i'm sure if we save enough we could take a trip?"

"i want to go to australia." 

"then we'll go there." i smiled, pulling michael closer to my chest but he just climbed on top of me. he laid his head against my stomach, drawing random names and circles. "i like that."

it was quiet for a while, the spinning sounds of michael's fan covered the tensions till michael's skin ran cold. "what's wrong?"

"just cold." he mumbled and i moved back against the headboard the moves the covers. i climbed back under them and brought michael into my arms. i pulled the covers back up, getting comfortable as i stared at michael who was staring back at me. "too hot."

"don't you dare."

"i'm going to do it."

before i could react, michael lifted his foot and kicked the covers off the bed. "i'm cold."

"just come here." i pulled him closer till he probably couldn't breathe. "better?"

"my legs are cold."

i wrapped my legs over his.

"my face is cold."

i buried his face in my chest.

"my bum is-"

i smacked a hand over it making him hiss. "stings?"

he nodded.

"good. when it stings it means it's hot. anything else that's cold?" i groaned and he tapped his chin with the space he had.

"my dick is cold."

"too bad."

the sound of the front door opening and closing filled our ears.

then the sounds of michael's name were heard.

and after more than just six months, his parent's were home.

michael scrambled off of me and i didn't complain as we both ran down the stairs, seeing two very tired looking parents but none of the less hugged their child in the most loving way i've ever seen.

"i've miss-ed you so much." the younger boy sobbed as he let go of his dad finally. i stood still and watched. "y-you said six months?"

"we didn't know we would actually find something." karen wiped under her eyes but it was pointless because tears just took the dry space again. "our phones were cut off because it was top secret, we couldn't make any calls. we couldn't go home because what they offered was too much to lose."

michael's world crumbled.

but he kept it to himself. "i understand." 

i don't ever think i could have seen someone's world tear in half and stay so calm about it at the same time. "you guys are probably tired, i want to hear about it all tomorrow anyways since you were gone so long. a lot must have happened."

after hugging his parents once more they went upstairs and i pulled michael into my arms. "d-did you hear what she said? they put money over their own child." 

i spent the next two hours calming the boy down, ignoring how a car without its headlights turned on passed by.