eight

"make a left, first house on the corner so it's going to be a little hard." michael pointed out. i glanced to my left seeing the large house. there wasn't a way we could hide ourselves in between the houses.

everything was on full view.

"be careful, though, she got the flu yesterday."

"okay." i grimaced at the thought of being sick and michael walked towards the front door. i was glad there wasn't a gate otherwise it would have been more suspicous then it already was.

michael brought his hand up to the door and softly knocking on it. i looked around before moving towards one side of the house and finding the right window. the door opened a few seconds later. "hello?"

"hi my name is michael clifford and i was wondering if you would be interested in giving money to a new charity."

i made my break for it, sprinting down the long narrow strip till blue curtains caught my head. i grabbed a hold of the fence behind me and yanked myself up. through the thin curtains, the lights were turned on and a small lazy figure sat in bed.

i bit my bottom lip trying to think of reason why i would just be stumbling through her window before i groaned.

she had a crush on me in the eighth grade.

and i doubt it ever stopped.

i frowned, taking off my shirt and stripping myself from my jeans leaving me in my boxers. the fence was extremely close to the house, as the entire street was shown behind me and the road was wide. i made the jump, gripping onto the ledge and struggling to pull myself up. she must have noticed because her head turned and her eyes widened.

i pointed to the window and she got up and opened it and helped me in. i could already feel her eyes on my body.

"c-calum?" her voice was shaky but i held in my groan and put on a fake smile and turned around. "hey christina."

"why are you in m-my house?" she watched as i stood up and dusted the invisble dirt off me. "i can't drop by?"

"well you're not wearing any-"

"about that." i put my hands behind my back and started rocking on my heel lightly. i tugged my bottom lip between my teeth. "i was wondering if i could borrow some of your clothes? you see, mine are still at my 'friend's house' and her parents came down and-"

"no i understand." she cut me off quickly. "c-can i uh- know what your friend's name is?"

"bonnie." was the first name that came to my head. "you don't know her."

"how old is she?"

"getting a bit personal right?"

i watched as she swallowed the lump in her throat. "i should- i should get you your clothes."

"that'd be nice, do you mind if i use your restroom?" once she nodded and told me where it was i made my way towards it, hearting the protests from downstairs.

"i'm telling you! i don't have any money!"

"are you sure?"

"i'm positive!"

i shut the bathroom door behind me, a pair of twenty-four carrot gold earrings on the counter. "selfish bitch." i muttered under my breath and searched through the cabinets before stopping.

a bowl was placed on the counter including a blue substance in it. i smirked, knowing she was probably going to dye her hair and went under the sink. there were countless bottles of random colors and i picked a murky brown color.

i added a couple drops into the bowl, glancing back at the earrings before putting in half the bottle instead. it stayed the same color, only a small difference but i shrugged it off and flushed the toliet.

"hope these fit." christina tossed me a pair of sweatpants and a top.

"are you planning on dying your hair?" i tugged the pants on, ignoring her trailing eyes. "y-yeah, i was, why?"

"you had the hair stuff out, that's all." i threw the shirt over my head and made my way back towards the window. "thanks for the clothes."

"no problem."

i smiled towards her, staring at the blonde locks that were soon to be a swamp and climbed down the window.

i made my way towards the front of the lawn again, seeing the door slam in michael's face. he turned around, getting ready to tell me but stopped when seeing me. "what'd you do?"

"you'll see." i grinned, michael raising his eyebrows at me as we left.

+

"i can't f.ucking believe he would do that to me!" loud shouts came from the end of the hallway and i nudged michael. he moved his way towards the crowd, turning back around with wide eyes after seeing the damage.

"chase!" christina screamed, catching everybody's attention. the poor boy stepped out. "you fu.cking knew i was dying my hair."

the boy stumbled over his words but she snapped. "you think this is funny? just because i broke up with you doesn't mean you had rights to ruin my hair. i never told anyone else!"

she sniffled, but not because she was going to cry but because she was still sick. michael had told me she had gotten the flu last night but to me it didn't look like it. i hadn't even seen her cough.

that meant she lied.

and that sniffle was fake.

she brought her hand up to her mouth, coughing but it sounded the fakest i've ever heard. "i-i'm sick, y-you actually did that to a s-sick person?"

the next thing i saw was chase getting a lot of glares before i left to my class.

i took my seat in the second row, seeing chase walk by with his friends shaking his head at him but then he exclaimed loudly. "i wasn't even at her house last night!"

throughout the rest of the day, her hair was all that was talked about and at one point she had just put her hair up and everyone started to like it. it looked like a really cool swirl. michael was pouting with the outcome. "how come no one likes my hair? do they not know the stress i put into this dying it once every two months?"

"i like your hair, milk, if it makes you feel better." i smirked and he smacked my arm. "it's not funny, i thought i really had her. this revenge backfired."

"michael." i paused in the hallway. "do you know why you dye your hair every two months?"

"yeah, because it fades into this nasty grey color."

"so do you know what will happen when her hair starts to fade?"

"it'll be this nasty- oh. never mind then."

i patted his back lightly. "good, because i didn't strip down for nothing." my eyes widened at my own words before michael screamed loudly.

"you did what!?"

there were a few stairs and i quickly tugged michael outside. "i didn't have another explanation to get into-"

"no i get that!" he smacked my chest. "but did you get your clothes afterwards?"

i paused.

oh fuck