Calm Down!

After about 1 hour of crying, I see Jill's car come around the corner. She stops the car and comes running to me. 'Oh my gosh Maddie, we thought we lost you too!'

What does she mean lost me too. Who has gone? I decide not to ask now and I get in the car. Kenzie hugs me so tight I think I might burst! 'Why did you run away freak?', She yells at me. I just laugh and sniffle. 

We go back to Kendall's house and go back up to her room. 'Who's gone?' I ask not realising I was talking aloud. 

'Maddie I am so sorry', Kendall says back.

'For What?'

'Your Dad'

'Greg?'

'No, Kurt'

'Well whatever happened to him I don't care.'

'He has been jailed' 

I sit there for a bit staring at Kendall and then I say, 'He deserves it'

Kenzie starts crying again. 'Why are you crying Kenzie, He was horrible to us.'

'I miss mommy', she says.

Wow, this must be hard on her. She never calls mom 'mommy' unless she is really upset or hurt. I hug her again and comfort her saying it's okay. We decide to go downstairs and get dinner. We have spaghetti and then go back upstairs.

We play on our phones for a bit when we hear the doorbell ring. 'Maddie, Mackenzie! Your Aunty is here to take you home.'

I grab my dance bag and say bye to Kendall and go downstairs. 'Hey' I say shyly and head into her car. We listen to Taylor Swift on the way home and I try to keep texting my mom. We get home and I go straight to my room. I am so tired. I watch one episode of Liv and Maddie and then go to bed.