week eight | notes

on monday i received a note from abbie
dearest michael,
please don't worry about me. i am perfectly fine:) i'd like to meet with you at the cafe sometime this week.
-abbie

on tuesday my sister came to stay with her boyfriend who lived in town. it was valentines weekend so they weren't around much.

on wednesday i met with my shrink again. i told her about them and abbie. she said to keep abbie close since she seems to be keeping them away.

on thursday i met abbie and she kissed me out of nowhere and somehow we ended up at my place sleeping next to each other.
that night they came into my dreams. i woke up hot and sweaty. abbie took me in her arms and talked to me until i fell asleep.

on friday while i made breakfast abbie asked me about the nightmare i had last night. i told her it was nothing to worry about and we carried on with the day.
friday night i contacted my shrink. she said i need to tell abbie. i told her i would, i'm just scared abbie will leave. she told me she won't if she really cares about me.

on saturday i wrote.
i'm scared i'll never get better again. i'm scared i'll always stay twisted like this and grow old and waste away.

on sunday my sister and boyfriend left town after getting breakfast with me. i went to the bakery and bought a box of krispy kremes and flowers. i put them on abbie's doorstep with a small note on top.
dearest abbie,
thanks for the fun this week. and i'm sorry for not telling you about my nightmares. if you come to the park or wherever i promise to tell you then.
always,
michael