week forty | 11:11

on monday abbie began enduring contractions. her pain was unbearable, so i brought her to the hospital. they told her she wasn't dilated enough so they had to wait.

on tuesday at 11:11 a.m. she was finally fully dilated. we welcomed a beautiful baby girl at 11:22 a.m. we were finally a family, and i was finally getting better again.

on wednesday we spent the day in the hospital with our baby girl alex marie clifford. she has beautiful brown eyes like her mother and soft skin and delicate fingers. she's so fragile, yet i know she is going to be like her mother someday - strong.

on thursday we were released from the hospital. we were welcomed back home by our families and alex was overwhelmed, but happy to meet her family.

on friday more of our family stopped by, including my sister and her fiancé. abbie was happy to do the honor of making my sister the godmother of alex. she couldn't wait to spoil the shit out of her - not like she wasn't already, anyway.

on saturday i wrote.

how beautiful is it that someone could make your heart beat so fast when you don't want it to beat at all.

on sunday we spent our first day alone as a family. slowly, but surely i could feel myself getting better again. damn, did it feel good to feel yourself getting better. especially, when it's for those who make you the most happy.

||

hello, it's me.