week forty-seven | baptism

on monday i went back to work and abbie did too. it was the first day we left our baby girl alone with a daycare center. abbie called later that day and said she was getting anxiety. thankfully, throughout the day it sifted through.

on tuesday it stormed and alex was awake the entire night. i prayed that her tired little eyes would finally get the rest that her father never seemed to get.

on wednesday i met with my guitar class again. they were happy for me and abbie. it was the best feeling in the world to have people praise you.

on thursday i met abbie for lunch in the cafe. it was quiet and content and i felt at home. abbie was where i felt at home.

on friday we met with our wedding planner and picked out our venue. i was glad we were taking these steps to even further our future together.

on saturday i wrote.

suddenly you're 21 and you're screaming along in the car to all the songs you listened to when you were sad in middle school and everything is different but everything is good.

on sunday we celebrated alex's baptism. family and friends came from all around to meet her for the first time or see her again. my home was slowly beginning to feel like home and i couldn't have been happier.