week twelve | what ifs

on monday i woke up stiff in a stale hospital room with blue walls and white floors. they came to me that night. they didn't move they just stood there. i was petrified.

on tuesday i did the same thing as monday, except the night was worse. they told me they had done their job. they had ruined me.
i cried until my eyes hurt and throat was raw.

on wednesday the doctors came to talk about her status. they said she was okay but she needed to stay for a few days.

on thursday i could feel my little brother around me. i couldn't walk, pee or sleep without them there. i was getting frustrated because it wasn't as comforting as it used to be.

on friday i left to meet with my shrink. i told her about my dreams and my little brother. she said that we need to meet more than once a week for progress reasons. but i don't think i'll be making any progress. things will just get worse.

on saturday i wrote.

that's the thing about 'what ifs'; they don't matter. they don't change anything. all they do is make it unable for you to heal.

on sunday the doctors came back again. i felt like i couldn't move or breathe. i felt numb, paralyzed.

abbie is dying and there's nothing i can do to change that.