week one hundred three | six a.m. news

on monday i woke up in a teal colored chair with bleach filling my senses. i knew where i was, whether i cared to admit it or not.
i didn't want to believe where i was. i wasn't even sure i wanted to know what's happening.

on tuesday i brought alex to my mothers until we received more information. the visit with mom was short, but she said she'd keep abbie in her prayers.
she's not catholic.

on wednesday i slept in the rock solid hospital chair for most of the day. the only time i woke up was to buy something from the vending machine or when a nurse walked up to me and asked if i needed anything.
every time they asked i told them i was fine. i knew they could see through me. all i need is to know that she's okay.

on thursday i was becoming slightly irritated. i had been sleeping and sitting in this dumb chair for the last five days more or less with absolutely no information.
that night i sat in the uncomfortable chair and cried myself to sleep.

on friday morning around six a.m. i was finally given news on her condition. i called my mother bawling. i didn't know what else to do; everything was beginning to change so quickly. that night at around eleven p.m. i was woken from my slumber by mom and alex. mom smiled at me and i rested my head in her lap as alex lay in a chair. i felt safe with mom there.

on saturday i wrote.

the worst thing in the world can happen, but the next day the sun will come up. and you will eat your toast. and you will drink your tea.

on sunday i was allowed to see abbie for the first time in a week. she looked disastrous, sick. she spoke softly about how happy she was to see me. her voice was hoarse and her eyes were slightly glazed over. her hair was a ratted, tangled mess sprawled around her. vomit covered the corners of her mouth and her skin was pale. but somehow, she never looked more beautiful.