1-Its my time

Anaya

'Beep Beep'

I woke up feeling actually excited for the first day of school. I mean normally I don't fuck with scho... "Anaya you better be up." My mom yelled from outside my door. "Yeah mama I'm up." As I was saying I normally don't fuck with school, but this year is going to be different. I'm a senior now so no more shy, wallflower Anaya. But anyways let me get ready for school. I walked into the bathroom brushed my teeth and took a shower, once I got out I stared at myself in the mirror. I've always been uncomfortable about my body but I've grown quite fond of my curves. I went to my closet and picked out an over sized plaid shirt, a tank top and some boyfriend jeans and I made my way to the kitchen for breakfast.

"Good morning ugly" I said to my little brother Jackson. "Good morning to the best sister in the whole wide world" he says. "What do you want?" "What?" "You're being too nice, so what do you want?" "Can you pick me up today?" "Fine, but you better be outside waiting. I'm not playing." We said bye to our mama and grandma. I dropped him off at school and went to go get my best friend Erin. "Hey bestie." she sings happily. "Hey boo." I replied "Can you believe it we made it this far? I'm so excited!" "Class of 2014 in this bitch!"(I was class of 2014) I yelled.

I pull into the parking lot and I drove around looking for a spot. "Ooo there's one" Erin pointed out. So I drove over and right when I was about to park this black jeep swerved into the parking spot. "Oh no the fuck they didn't." "Girl it's too early in the morning for this shit" I said pissed. I drove around to the other side and eventually found a spot. Erin looked over and saw the assholes who stole our spot start to get out of the car. I looked down at my phone to answer a text. "Wow since when do we have guys like that at this school" Erin said. "What?" I looked up to see a black guy and a white guy. "They don't look that good." "Now you know you lying." She said giving me the side eye. "Ooo girl they looking over here." I look over at her to see her smiling at them. I looked over at them to see them smirking. "Bitch fuck them, they took my parking spot." We walked into school and saw different tables set up our schedule. I went to my line and got my schedule. Once I made my way through the line I went to go find Erin, I eventually found her by library texting on her phone.

"Schedule check." I say taking hers. "So how does it look" she says looking up from her phone. "Well we have four classes together." "Alright which ones." "English, Gym, African- American studies, and Science. We did pretty well this semester." I tell her as I look at my phone. "We should get to class it's almost 7:30."

We made it to English just before the bell and walked into see that we had assigned seats. Like really what are we in the first grade? We break up into a search for our names. As class started the door opened to reveal the white guy from earlier and there was only three seats left. One in the front, one in the far right and the last one behind me. As luck would have he was behind me. Like on every first day we have to do introductions, which by the way I hate. The first person to go was a football player by the name of Deandre, or Dre.

"Wus good everybody my name is Dre, and I plan on going to Alabama State." And it went on like this until we got to Erin. "Hey my name is Erin that's spelled E-R-I-N and after high school I plan to go to school for nursing." A couple more kids spoke and then it was my turn. Yay! (note sarcasm). When I went to stand I heard people start to whisper, but I didn't pay them any mind. "Umm my name is Anaya and I plan to go to school to be an Obgyn."

As soon as I sat down I let out a sigh of relief only to feel a chill go up spine. "My name is Giovanni and I plan on either going to work for my dad or travel after high school."

While he spoke all I could think was, DAMN, his voice is just so deep. After the rest of the students went then the teacher spoke. She told us how she just moved here and that she didn't have anything planned for today. So everybody just kind of moved around so they could be by there friends. I moved to were Erin was and the moment I sat down she started talking a mile a minute. "OMG!! Did you hear his voice? He can get some. Dre's not looking to bad either. Did you see Alisha? ""Erin!" I said shocked "What?" She said with a smile.

"I mean Dre looks good but the white bo..." "His name is Giovanni." She corrected me. "Whatever he's just not my type." I tell her truthfully. "You need to stop playing like you wouldn't be all over that." I rolled my eyes at her because I don't do white boys. "Hey Erin, Anaya wus good baby when you gone fuck with a real nigga." This boy yelled from the back where all the boys. "When we meet some." We all started cracking up. "Hey Naya you not gone believe this but Ole boy keep looking at you." She said to me with a smirk. I looked up from my phone to see the table full of boys talking and shit looking over at us every so often.

'Ring Ring'

We got up and walked into the hallway. That's when my little cousin Chantel came running up. Now I didn't introduce her earlier cause she's s my cousin on my dad's side. "Please tell me one of you has gym 2nd block." She said out of breath. "Gees Liyah breath." Erin says rubbing her back (Chantel's middle name is Aliyah). "Sorry I practically ran all the way from freshman side." She states as her breath evened out. "Yeah we have gym, let's go." I say with a chuckle.

After going over the rules the coach lets us chill until the block is over. "Who is that beautiful chocolate man?" Liyah says practically drooling.

"I know girl he is so fine. I might have to go make a new friend." I rolled my eyes at the foolishness running out their mouth. "Oh snap he's coming over here." Liyah said as her eyes got big. I looked up as a shadow fell over me. "Uhh hey I was wondering if I could come chill over here with yall. I don't really fuck any of these niggas, and the rest of girls kind of freak me out." "........" Liyah just sat there with her mouth open. "Sure make yourself comfy." Erin tells him. "Thanks I'm Hassan." "So if you're going to be over here you we need you tells us about yourself." I was listening to them all get to know each other when Hassan asked them what was up with me.

"This morning you and your friend cut us off in the parking lot and she kind of has road rage." Erin explained. "For your information I do not have road rage I just don't like to be cut off." I corrected. Before Erin can respond Hassan cuts in and says, "Oh sorry about that. It was my cousin's fault he's not really a people person." Me and Erin look at each other say together "Cousins?" "Yeah my dad is his uncle."

'Ring Ring'

We headed out into the soon to be packed halls when Liya asked "What lunch do yall have? Cause I have B lunch today and D lunch tomorrow." "I have TA (teacher's assistant/ office aid) third block so I don't know yet, but tomorrow I have A lunch." I tell her. "I have C lunch today and A lunch tomorrow." Erin says looking at her schedule. "I have D lunch today and tomorrow." Hassan says texting away on his phone.

I walked to the office to see where I would be for my TA class, come to find out I was going to be in the office on the freshman side. Which lead to me having D lunch, and as I was walking back over to the upperclassman side I came across a group of boys one of which was Giovanni. I figured they were just skipping class so I just shrugged it off then one noticed me and felt the need to call me out. "Yo baby girl why don't you come get a taste?" As he was saying that he was grabbing his dick. I was so disgusted I was about to say some real disrespectful shit when I hear Giovanni's voice.

"Shut the fuck up, she was just minding her business and you want to say some disrespectful ass shit like that." Giovanni said roughly causing the boys to stop laughing immediately. He turns his head and our eyes lock he smiles and gives me a little head nod that was oddly comforting. I hear my name being called and look and see my friend Jessie walking up. "You going to lunch?" "Yeah I was headed over to the big side." "We can walk together." I nod in agreement. We walk off laughing as we starts cracking jokes.