Chapter 18

**Not edited**

Anaya 11pm

I was holding Evie while I was pacing back and forth as I thought about everything that happened today. I was taken out of my thoughts as my phone started ringing.

A-Hello

J-Come outside.

Jason hung up before I had a chance to ask him what was going on. I walked downstairs to the driveway with Evie squirming in my arms. Once I saw Jason and Chris's face I knew something bad had happened. "What happened?"

@@@@

Giovanni 9 pm

"I don't want any of you to jump in unless you see one of his guys trying to pull something." The guys all nodded and we split off into two separate cars. We pulled up to the designated area to see Carter and some of his men. "Well, well, well looks like you brought back up." Carter said looking behind me.

"You and I both know I could beat the shit out of you without any help." When I said that he started laughing like the psycho I knew he was. "Stop talking shit and start fighting." Jas yelled from behind me. "Ah did you bring the girls to help you fight?" He said cackling. "Did you bring my future baby mama and step-daughter?" He said stretching his neck trying to look in the cars.

Without hesitation I charged at him and started pounding the shit out of his face. As I was beating his face in I felt someone pull me off of him then they started stomping the shit out of me. After three hits the dude was pulled off of me and I looked to my left to see Hassan beating the hell out the guy. I looked around the field to see everyone fighting. As I was still looking around I was tackled to the ground by Carter. He started throwing punch after punch, I felt myself growing tired until he started talking. "Once I'm done with you I'm going to go to your house and I'm going to fuck your girl in your bed." I felt the blood in my veins start to race and I flipped him over and started beating him.

I was so into hitting him that I didn't notice how bloody my knuckles were. I was pulled off of him by Hassan; as we were walking away from the madness three loud pops rang through the air.

@@@@

Hassan

As I was helping Giovanni walking to the car three loud gun shots echoed in the night air. I looked over at Gio to see that he had been hit by one of the bullets. "Erin get the car. Chris come help me." He rushed over and helped me put Gio in the back of the car. "Hassan?" Jason said but I ignored him. "You two go get Naya and Evie." "Hassan?" Chris called but my adrenaline was racing and I felt a little light headed. "Hassan!?" I turned to look at Erin to see that she was pissed. "What?" "You were hit." I looked from her to the guys confused. "Your shoulder. You got hit in the shoulder." Once they said that I felt the pain radiating from my shoulder. "Get the car." Erin said as she helped me.

As we were heading to the hospital I tried to keep Giovanni awake, but the he was losing so much blood that he passed out. "Hassan you have to stay awake." Jas said talking to me. "Wha..." I mumbled "Come on, you have to stay awake. Let's talk about something." She said trying to do anything to keep me awake. As they were trying to talk to me we pulled up to the hospital.

@@@@

Omniscient

Right as they pulled into the hospital Hassan began to slowly drift out of conscience. Jas ran inside to get somebody to help the boys. Once she found someone they all ran outside to get the guys out of the car. The doctors hurried and put both boys on the gurneys and began to rush them inside.

@@@@

Anaya

The guys wouldn't tell me anything. All they said was that I needed to come with them now. So here I am in the back seat of the car thinking of all the worst possible outcomes. "Mr. Romano." "...." "Its Giovanni and Hassan." "...." "Yeah there at Charlton." "..." "Alright." I was trying my best to listen in on the conversation but Evie was being fussy. "Can one of you please tell me what is going on?" They both looked at each other, but my attention turned to the window. I looked up at the sign to see 'Charlton Methodist'. I felt my heart drop down to my feet. Without saying a word the guys helped me get Evie out of the car. We all rushed in and we looked around and I saw Jas holding Erin, who was crying. I turned my head to the left and I saw Mr. Romano, Enzo, Nonna and Hassan's mother, Cynthia, all sitting in the waiting area. I walked over and the minute Jas and Erin saw me they ran to my arms. We all walked over to one of the chairs and sat down. "What happened?" After they explained everything to me I felt mixed emotions flow through me.

We have been sitting in the waiting room for almost 5 hours and everyone had fallen asleep except for nonna and I. "They will be okay." She said in her thick accent while she held Evie. "They are strong boys, so wipe your tears." I hadn't realized that I was crying until she said that. As we were talking and playing with Evie a pair of doctors came out. "The family of Hassan Romano." When the guys heard that their eyes shot open. "Yes that's us." "Well Hassan was shot in his upper shoulder. He lost a bit of blood but we managed to get the bullet out. He should be waking up right about now if any of you would like to go see him. Cynthia, Erin, Chris, Jason, Enzo, and nonna all followed behind the doctor.

While Mr. Romano and I stood in the waiting room. "The family of Giovanni Romano." The second doctors said looking around. "Yes?" Mr. Romano said as he stepped forward. "Giovanni was shot twice, once in the leg and once in the stomach." The more he talked the greater I felt like I was sinking. "We were able to get both bullets out and stop all of the bleeding. He had several bruised ribs, and he will be sore for the next couple of week and he will have to take it easy but he should make a full recovery." Even after he said that I didn't feel any type of relief. "If the three of you would like to go up and see him you can follow me."

We walked into the room and I saw him lying in bed with tubes coming out everywhere. "Is he awake?" I asked as I looked over Giovanni's bruised face. His eyes slowly opened and they landed on me. Mr. Romano took Evie from arms and walked over to the side of the bed. "Hey son." His eyes slowly drifted over to Evie. She looked down at him even with all the bruises and all the tubes and wires she still reached out for him. I sat as far away from the bed as possible. After an hour or so and Evie had fallen asleep Mr. Romano said he was going to go see Hassan, so now it was just the two of us. "Come here."

@@@@

Giovanni

From the moment she walked in I could tell she was uncomfortable, and when my dad and Evie left I took this as my chance to talk to her. "Come here." She turned and looked at me and shook her head. "I'm okay over here." I stared at her thinking about how she must be feeling. "Either you come to me or I'm coming to you, so it's your choice." She rolled her eyes and started walking towards me which made me chuckle. I watched as she went to go sit in a chair but I stopped her. "Come over here." I said scooting over to make room for her. "No." "Please. I know how you feel about hospitals. I understand that this is hard for you, but I almost died tonight and the only thing I want right now is for my girlfriend to lay with me." As I was talking to her eyes began to water and she stood there for a second then she climbed in the bed. She gently laid her head on my shoulder and I wrapped my arm around her. She slowly drifted off to sleep while I just sat in the peaceful quiet.

'Next Day'

When I woke up the next day Anaya was nowhere next to me. Right as I was sitting up she came back in with Evie in her arms and everyone coming in behind her. The last person to come in was Hassan. "Hey man." Hassan said walking towards me. "Since all of you are here. What the hell happened yesterday? Who shot you?" We all looked at each other when I finally decided to speak. "Mason. Mason shot us." My father looked at me and shook his head. "Why?" "Because he wants Anaya." Everyone turned and looked at Naya I saw her face turn a deep shade of red. "Stop staring at her." I explained everything that happened last night and nonna walked over to Naya and pulled her into a hug. I looked at my dad and I already knew what he was going to say. "Look you can save whatever you're about say. The minute I get out of here I'm putting a bullet in the middle of his head." He looked at me and nodded his head and walked out.

@@@@

Mason

After last night I was sitting in one of my warehouses getting cleaned up. I was standing in bedroom pacing the floor waiting for confirmation on whether or not Giovanni was dead or alive. I was getting angry when my phone started to ring.

M- Is dead or not?

A.R. - He's alive and he won't stop until you're dead now.

M-Shit

A.R. - You need to leave today until I can convince him to let you live.

M- Why are you helping me? I did just try to kill your son.

A.R. - You're my son as well and it's my job to protect both of you. Even if that means from each other. I'm going to send you an address and I want you to stay there until I say so.

M-Alright

**A.N.**

Sooo ....Mason didn't die ☺☺. Sorry guys it wasn't his time lol. But u hope you all enjoy the chapter.❤