Chapter 4

**This chapter is very rough and unedited **

Giovanni

It's Wednesday morning and I'm sitting in my first class staring at the empty chair in front of me. For the past two days Naya hasn't been in class, and I think it's because she avoiding me. We had finally received our work so I moved over to where Erin was to ask her about Naya. "I don't know where she is. She hasn't texted me back, so don't ask." Chris, Jason, and Dre all came over and sat down. "So where's Anaya?" Chris said looking between me and Erin. "I don't know she's been M.I.A since Saturday night." Erin said angrily. While they talked I looked down at phone and remembered that I had Naya's number so I texted her. "Where are you?"

■■■■■■

Anaya

"I have to go to school." I yelled at my step brother Mason. "Who the fuck is this?" He asked holding my phone up with the name 'Daddy' flashing across the screen. Mason walked towards me until I hit the back of the couch. "Are you letting some other nigga fuck my pussy? Huh?" He yelled as he grabbed my wrist tightly. "No. My friend was messing around and put that as his name." I grabbed his hand because his grip was starting to hurt. "If I find out your letting another nigga taste what's mine" he chuckled "I'll put a bullet in your forehead. Don't fuck with me." I nodded as his fingers dug deeper into my arm. "Okay. Now let go." Once he did I looked down at my wrist to see a new bruise forming. I rolled my eyes because I have been dealing with his shit for the past two days and I need to get away from him, so I grabbed my keys and left for school. Once I got to school I looked down at my phone to read the texts that I had gotten over the last two days.

Jazzy poo 10:54pm: If that jackass does anything, call me. I'm serious.

Erin 7:55am: Where the hell are you?

Hassan 7:45am: Sis I need you to answer Erin because she keeps texting. So answer her.

Daddy 8:00am (5): Where are you?

I rolled my eyes at Giovanni's texts as I walked through the doors of my first period.

■■■■■■■

Giovanni

I was talking to Jason and Chris when Naya walked in the room with this unreadable look on her face. "Where the hell have you been? I've been calling and texting you for the past two days." Erin yelled. Anaya whispered something to her. Erin nodded her then went back to texting. I felt someone's eyes on me and I looked up to see Anaya looking my way.

I nodded my head towards her and she smiled lightly. We continued laughing and talking when the bell rang. We all went our separate ways and I didn't see Naya until around lunch. I heard her yelling and then she came rushing out of the bathroom. "Naya are you alright?" She stopped and turned to look at me. "Umm yeah I'm fine." She said as she ran her hands through her hair, which caused her sleeve to slide up her arm and reveal a bruise. I grabbed her arm and pulled her down the hallway to an empty room.

■■■■■■■

Anaya

Mason has been calling me all day and I finally decided to call him back around lunch. He was on the phone yelling until he got angry and hung up. I threw my phone in my purse rushed out of the bathroom. While I was leaving out of the bathroom I heard Giovanni's voice. "Naya are you alright?" I turned and looked in the direction that his came in. "Umm yeah I'm fine." He stared at me for a moment until he grabbed my arm and pulled me into an empty room. "Where did you get that bruise?" He said looking at me. "I ...I" I shook my head not knowing what to say. He walked towards me until I was pressed up against a desk.