Chapter 23

**Unedited**

Family dinner continued

Anaya was sitting in the den facing the last person she thought she would ever see again. "I came back because I really wanted to apologize for what I put you through. I know a sorry can never make up the things I did to you, but I really just wanted you know." Mason stared at his little step sister praying that she would forgive him. Anaya's eyes drifted over to the pregnant woman sitting next to him. "This is my girlfriend Maya. She is the reason I'm a changed person." "Hello." Maya said in her thick island accent. The three of them continued talking and Anaya eventually agreed to try and forgive him.

All of the adults were sitting in the dining room while the kids sat their own little table. Nala and nonna both looked at each other as if they were having their own little conversation. "So Jas, Anaya how is school going?" Nala asked looking from her niece to her daughter. "Well you know its last year just trying to finish strong." Jas said as Anaya nodded in agreement. "Anaya how did you and Andreas meet?" "Yeah I think we all want to know how you and him met." Giovanni said giving Andreas a deadly stare. "Umm well Jas introduced us." Anaya, Jas and Andreas all laughed. "She was like the freaking F.B.I. she asked me all these questions but I held in and I'm glad I did." Andreas looked down at Anaya and smiled which caused her to turn a deep shade of red. "You fucking him?" Giovanni asked killing the whole vibe. "Excuse me?" Anaya said looking straight at him. "You heard me. Are. You. Fucking. Him?" Giovanni hand tightly gripped one of the dinner knives as he said each word.

"It's none of business whether I am or not. You lost the right to ask me that a while ago." Anaya grabbed Dre's hand while staring Giovanni down. "When it comes to you and Evie it is my business." Anaya stood slamming her hand on the table and leaned in close. "If I want to fuck another dude I will. And you don't get to say shit to me about." Giovanni was now standing up. "Keep fucking with me I'll have that motherfucker swimming with a bullet in his chest." "Fuck you hypocritical asshole." Andreas stood up grabbing Anaya's hand pulling her into the living room so she could calm down, only for Giovanni to follow them.

Andreas turned to see Giovanni standing behind them talking all kinds of shit. "Aye you need to chill with that disrespectful shit you saying." Giovanni stopped and looked at Andreas before he spoke. "Nah you need to take your motherfucking hands off my woman before I fuck you up." "Man you don't want a problem with me. If you put as much effort in taking care of your daughter as you do worrying about who Anaya is dating maybe yall would have a better relationship." Without another word Giovanni swung punching Andreas in the face. Dre touched his face then he charged at Giovanni and they fell to the floor and began beating the shit out of eachother. "Guys I need help." Anaya yelled as Chris, Hassan, Jason and Calvin all ran in trying to pull the two men apart. "Get the fuck off of me." Giovanni yelled trying to get out of Hassan and Chris's hold.

While the boys were fighting Sophia walked up to Anaya. "This is all you and your little brats fault." Anaya turned and looked at her. "Excuse me?" She crossed her arms and with an eye roll she continued. "Giovanni and I don't even think she's his. You probably cheated on him. I'm going to make sure to talk to Giovanni about getting a D.N.A test. And you and I both know what he's going to do when he finds out he wasted his time with your little snot nosed kid." At that moment Anaya was done she started putting her up into a ponytail. As she was doing this it was as if everything was moving in slow motion. She glanced over at Erin and Jas which caused them to look at her. Anaya grabbed a fistful of Sophia's hair and pulled her to the ground repeatedly punching her in the face. She felt herself being pulled off of her and carried outside to her car.

//\\//\\//\\

Anaya

It has been two days since the dinner and her phone has been blowing nonstop since. I rolled over in bed making sure not to wake Evie. I picked up my phone and answered it without looking.