Chapter 14

★MAES POV★

I woke up the next morning and rolled over. Expecting to see hunter there was a piece of paper.

Sorry mae. I woke up around five this morning and got a call. I hope to see you again soon. Sorry for leaving. - hunter

I put the paper back down and got up. I walked down stairs to my living room and sat down on the couch

I was still really tired. I yawned and I tried as hard as I could to keep my eyes open.

I grab the blanket on the back of the couch and pulled it over me. I closed my eyes again realising I had gotten no sleep last night and tried to fall back asleep. Maybe I'll take a nap day.

†HUNTERS POV†
4:55 AM

I can't sleep. My phone started to buzz and I look over at mae who is currently sleeping. I stood up and stretched out.

I wrote her a note apologizing for leaving and I walked out the door and down the stairs as quiet as possible. I got in my car and drove to my hotel.

****

When I got there, I walked to my room and changed into some flanel pajama pants instead of uncomfortable jeans and I lay back down on my bed and tried to fall back asleep.

I can't stop thinking of mae. She's so perfect. I'm so happy and lucky that she gave me another chance.

MAES POV★

There was a knock on my door and I got up off the couch and in my luck Hunter was there.

"Hi."

"Hi." I say back. He smiled.
"You didn't tell me you were leaving." I imply. He nods and looks down.

"I know." He cleared his throat
"Sorry." He said. I shrugged my shoulders and let him in.

"Coffee?" I ask. He nods and I walk into the kitchen and get him some coffee along with myself and bring it out to him.

"You're leaving aren't you?"

"Unfortunately I have to sooner or later." He sighed. I sigh as well and put my head on my fist.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"Oh yeah. I'm doing great. I'm just fine." I say sarcastically. I see him roll his eyes from the corner of my eye.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"Yeah you said that already." I say.

Honestly I am upset. But I couldn't expect myself to believe he would be here longer than four days. Hes big and famous. I can't expect nothing. I can only expect he will leave me again.
We will end up breaking each other into small broken pieces. Not picking them up ourselves.

I hide the tear threatening to spill out of my eye. I look up at him and give him a weak smile.

His phone started buzzing and I knew he probably had to go. He sighed and answered it.

"Hello?" He asks. He smiled at me and stood up and walked around behind the couch.

When he got off the phone he sat down and held my hand.

We both jumped and were startled by someone pounding on my front door. I cleared my throat and stood up to answer. I looked at hunter

"Is this going to be for you?" I ask. He shakes his head.

"Probably not." He said. I opened the door and Jen was standing there. My eyes widened.

"Um, jen.... What are you doing here?" I ask. I look back at hunter real quick and he got my hint and ran up the stairs quietly.
He bumped into something on the way up and something crashed on the floor. Idiot.