Chapter 18

*MAES POV*

"Hunter....." I trail off.

The instant I see Jen's face pop up on my phone guilt hits me in the chest like a bullet.

I really think I should tell her. but why am I so guilty about it? she's my best friend, yeah she deserves to know but I feel like this is between hunter and I.

She's got a big mouth I just feel like she will tell someone. yeah I mean, I trust her completely. but I don't know.

"Hey do you want to get some coffee?" hunter asks walking down the stairs buttoning up his shirt.

"Yeah sure." I sit staring at my vibrating phone.

"You gonna get that?" hunter asks smirking.

It stopped ringing.

"No." I smile. he grabbed my hand and intertwined his fingers in mine.

We walked out of my house and I locked the door.

The small coffee shop is about two blocks from my house.

We walked down the sidewalk in silence.

I felt really guilty. I don't know.

I look at hunter and he also has a look of guilt across his face. I glance down and he looked at me.

"Hey you alright?" He asks. I smile and nod my head.

"Yeah I'm just tired." I shrug. I let out a deep sigh.
"To be honest, I feel kind of guilty." I look down again.

We get in the coffee shop and walk to the back of the shop and sit in front of each other.

"Why?" he asks. "it's not like we are doing anything wrong." He furrowed his eyebrows.

I run my hands through my hair.

"I tell her everything. it's just weird." I shrug.

"Mae she doesn't have to know everything you do. You have your own life, you make your own decisions. you don't have to be glued to each other. you know that right?" He rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb. I nod slightly.
"You're right. I'm over thinking it." I smile.
Me and hunter both look up at the waitress when she walks over to us and asks what we wanted. We both order for ourselves and she smiled and walked away. I sigh.
"So." he says through the silence.
"So." I smile.

"Tell me about yourself." He says. I furrow my eyebrows together

"Incase you forgot, we've known each other since we were two. I think you already know about me." I laugh.

He rolls his eyes.

"What's changed? who are you now?" he searches my eyes for an answer.

The same lady comes back with our coffee. she smiled and walked away.

"Nothing's changed." I say.

"Oh come on. nothing? seriously?" He smiled.

"I'm being serious." I say. I wrap my hand around the coffee mug for warmth. I look out the window we were next to and I look at the snow flakes falling.

"I can't believe we walked here." I smirk.

He shakes his head.

"We can just stay here and talk all day until it stops. just drinking coffee." he shrugs.

"Oh boy. your dream." I roll my eyes playfully and smile.

"I missed it here so much." he said. I smile.
"I missed you." he grabbed my hand again.

"Yeah." I smile. " it's a great place to be."
I still stare out the window.

"Mae, did you hear me?" he asks and leans up. I take a glance at him.

"Yeah." I nod.

"What's wrong? you believe me don't you?" he asks.

"What? yeah. yeah of course I believe you. I missed you too." I nod and look at my lap.

"What's wrong?" he asks. he has always been able to tell when there was something wrong.

"I don't want you to leave." I shrug.

"Why would I leave?" he asked furrowing his eyebrows.

"I don't know. you've got a career. you've got shows to put on, and fans to impress, maybe I'm too much. maybe you can't handle it." I ramble on an he cut me off,

"I would never leave because of a tour. I would never think youre not good enough. Ever. I love you to the moon and back. why else would I come all this way to be with you? to leave and break your heart again? that's not going to happen again. I'm not that stupid seventeen year old kid anymore. I am here to stay now and I promise I will never leave. okay?"

He searches my eyes. I look at him. this boy I am falling head over heels in love with again and I can't help myself. I can't stop thinking about him. I can't believe he left for me.

I smile.

"Thank you hunter. you mean the world to me. you are my world. I don't want you to be taken away from me again." I say barely above a whisper.

"God put me here. he put us together again for a reason. this is a sign. he wants us together. we belong together." he smiled. he picked up my hand and kissed the back of it.
"I don't care. for the worse or for the better. nothing will ever tear us apart again. I promise." he said.

he reached into his pocket and got some money and left it on the table. he stood up and grabbed my hand. I stood up after him and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and he smiled and nodded at the waitress and we walked out of the shop.

We get back to my house a good ten minutes later.

We sat on the couch and we talked for hours.

"Let's go to bed." he whispered in my ear. I smile. I lazily get off the couch.

We walked up the stairs and we walked into my bedroom. I walked into the bathroom and changed into a big shirt and some Nike pro spandex. I walk out and hunter is in his boxers.

I smile at him and I sit on the bed

"I love you, beautiful." he smiled. I smile back.

"I love you more." I wink. he shakes his head. he walked over to my side of the bed and leaned down and kissed me.

I kissed him back. he let go and I hurried and put my hair into a messy bun.

He sneaked another kiss. I smile at him. he's so cute.

He leaned over and turned off the light.

He inched his lips towards mine slowly again and his lips finally met mine. he leaned over me and I wrapped my arms around him.

He let go and hugged me.

He kissed my cheek over and over.

I laid down and he hovered over me.

I look at his bright blue eyes in the dark room. he stared into my eyes. Light from the moon shining in through my window.

He threw the sheets over himself.

I turned his cheek toward me and kissed him again.

He looked at me again, searching my eyes.

I nodded my head at him and he closed his eyes, wrapped his arms around me, and kissed my lips, he hugged me really tight. I dug my head into his collar bone.

Words can't describe how much I love this boy