chapter 17

*MAES POV*

"Hunter!" I shout as I see him walking around in the park. He turned around and didnt see me. I walked towards him and started running.

I ran really fast and I attempted to jump onto his back. I attackrd him to the ground. He shreiked when he hit the ground. Hr flipped over and looked at me.

"God. Give me a heart attack. Thats fine." He laughed. I smile and lean down and kissed him.

"You look gorgeous today." He kissed me again. I smile and grt off of ontop of him. I help him up. He wrapped his arm aroind my waist.

"You look handsom today." I smile at him.
"I got nothing to do" I sigh.

"What are your friends up to?" He asked.

"I dont know. No one will text me." I shrug.

"Do they know about us?" He asked. I smile.

"No." I sigh. "But isnt it nice for no one to know? We get privacy this way."

"Youre just sneaky." He poked me in the nose. I smile.

"Well. I dont like sneaking around. But. Im gonna." I smirk.
"Wanna go somewhere with me?" I ask. He raises his eyebrows.

"Where?" He asks. I shrug.

"I dont know. Lets do something." I say. He laughed.

"Meet me at my house."

"Why cant I come with you?" He frowns.

I stand there blankly like um.... yeah hunter come with me its all good.... if you want to just leave your car here. I mean... common sense buddy. Come on. It aint that hard.

"Um. Hunter. You have your car here. I have mine....." I say and space out. He gave me a dirty look.

"Come on doofus." I got my truck and he got in his car behind me.

He followed me. I drove to my house. I park in my driveway and hunter parked infront of my house. I unlocked my front door and me and hunter walked in hand in hand. I shut the door behind us

I turn my head and look at hunter.

Him. His bright blue eyes and his perfeft hair. His perfect jaw. His perfect smile. Everything. I just want to run with him. I want to run away from the world and be in love again.

I love him. I do.

I stood there staring at hin for a moment. When I hear his name I just feel so special. Like im the luckiest girl ever. When he looks at me or holds my hand or hugs and kisses me. What else is there?

He smiled at me when he noticed I was staring. I smile back and look at the floor.

He and I sat on the couch. He looked into my eyes again. He started leaning in to kiss me

I closed my eyes and leaned in as well and when our lips touched, I felt fireworks go off inside my stomach. He moved his hand away from mine and he moved it to the back of my neck. It felt like there was nothing in the world but us. I cant keep him a secret any longer. I scoot closer to him until we couldnt get any closer.

My phone vibrated. Hunter let go of me and
I laid my head down on his chest.

I read the message on my phone.
Its jen.

I know I should tell her about me and hunter. Shes my best friend. I have to tell her. But when? I dont want everyone knowing about it.

"Do you think I should tell her?" I whisper rubbing my fingers against hunters chest. I feel him sigh.

"I think you should. but its totally up to you."
He cleared his throat. I close my eyes for a minute.

When should I tell her? I need to do it in person. I can't text her and say oh hey me and hunter are dating.

Yeah that wouldn't work. I'll get coffee with her tomorrow morning and sit down with her and tell her.

I'm making it sound like a breakup problem, 'oh yeah let's get coffee so I can dump you.' no one wants that.

*HUNTERS POV*
*************************

I started talking to Mae. I stared up at the ceiling. it was really dark outside. she was really quiet.

I look down at her and to my luck, she's sleeping. I smile and lean down and kissed the side of her head. this couch is really small. I gently lift her up and take her upstairs. I lay her down on the bed, grab a blanket and lay down next to her. I wrapped my arms around her. she snuggled against me. she put her leg over me and tried digging herself deeper into the blanket. I smile. she's so cute.

I kiss her on the cheek and closed my eyes resting my head on her shoulder.

I fell asleep holding the love of my life in my arms.