Chapter 15

★MAES POV★

"Can we live here?" Hunter asks. I smile.

"Yeah I wish we could." I laugh. I stood up and hunter stood up after me and grabbed my hand. We walked around on the grass and dirt and looked around at the colorful flowers that had just bloomed. It's perfect.

"Spring was always the best time to be here. When it looked like this." Hunter says. I nod.

"And the winter. When it was all frozen." I add. Hunter smiled.

"We always tried to walk across the ice. Without worry because we were too small to fall through the ice." He chuckled.

"Some of our best memories are right here." I sigh thinking of all the time we spent here.

"Because we were too little to get in a bar." He said. I looked at him with a weird face and he laughed.
"I'm kidding." He said. I roll my eyes and laughed for a minute at him.

"My favorite part about this place was the flowers. The colorful pretty flowers." I say.

Hunter smiled at me and leaned down on the ground and picked one of the royal blue flowers from the vines and stuck if behind my ear. I smile.

"There you go." He said.

"It's sad that people don't come here any more. No one ever did." I sigh. I wish more people knew about this place but then again it is our place and has been for over twenty years.

"I remember randomly finding this place one day when we were wondering around. It was an accident but it sure wasn't a mistake."
He smiled and he sat back down.
Hunters phone started ringing and he pulled it out of his back pocket.

"Hello?" He asks.

†HUNTERS POV†

"Hello?" I ask.

"Hunter where are you?"

"I'm with mae." I reply.

"Where?" Matt asked.

"Where? Um. It's a secret." I say. Mae laughed at me and I smiled. I could tell matt was rolling his eyes.

"Very mature. Tell me where you are." He demands.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because." He said.

"I'm serious. I'll hunt you down." He said.

"If I tell you where we are it wouldn't be our secret hide out anymore." I laugh.

"Yeah okay. Who am I going to tell?" He asks.

"Probably Steve." I say.

"And who will be tell?"

"The whole world." I laugh.

He groaned and hung up the phone.

"Who was that?"

"Matt." I say. She looks at me in confusion

"Band member." I explain. She nods.

It was awkward a little between us. And quiet. We arent quite use to each other again yet.

I leaned back against the rock and pulled mae close to me. She smiled at me and Leaned her head on my chest.

She grabbed my hand and she played with my fingers.

"What are your plans?" I ask. She shrugs.

"Nothing big." She replied.

"Well. What do you want to do?"

"I want to graduate college. See the world. Travel." She said. I smiled.

"Traveling is amazing. Maybe we could go on a long summer adventure. Just the two of us. Go where ever you want."
I seen her smile, and she sat up and looked at me.

"Wait, are you serious?" She asks. I nod.

"Yeah sure. It'd be fun." I said. She smiled again.

Her phone started buzzing and she pulled it out of her back pocket

"Jes." She said. I nod and she answered the phone.

"Hello?" She asked.
She pondered around on the phone and she hung up.

"She's suspecting something." She said. I laugh.

"Are you going to tell her?" I ask. She smiled.

"Should I?" She asked. I shrug.

"I think it's up to you." I honestly say. She smiled. She laid back down on my chest and it was getting really dark out.

***

When it was so dark I could see the stars, I look down at mae and she was asleep. I smile and close my eyes. Hugging her tighter and falling asleep as well.