chapter 23

*MAES POV*

I wake up to the blaring sound of my alarm clock.

Shaking my head and rubbing my eyes from my strange dream, i stand up and stretch my arms out.
Cringing to the cold wood floor, i put socks on and go downstairs.
I yawn and text Hunter goodmorning.
I get a bowl of cereal and sit down on the couch waiting for my coffee to be made.
Hunter texts me back.

Happy birthday:)

I roll my eyes.

Just another day.
Hunter calls me and we made dinner plans.
I hopped into the shower and relaxed as the burning hot water hit my back.
I took a good half hour in the shower and then blow dried my hair.
I put on for now some sweats and went back downstairs and my phone is blowing up.

I sit in silence watching criminal minds eating my bowl of cereal hopelessly staring into the tv.

I turn 23 today and i cant help but feel my life is rushing over me so fast.
I put my bowl in the sink and go upstairs and turn my music on blasting it through my house.

The 1975 blasts through my speakers and i sing along while doing my make up.
I apply some mascara, gel eyeliner and some violet lipstick. I then do my foundation and stuff and curled the ends of my hair.

I put on a black crop top, violet shorts, and a white cardigan with black booties and i check myself in the mirror, smiling at my appearance and jess comes to pick me up for another girls day at the mall.

"Girl you look fine today" she squeals. I smile and hug her.

"Any plans tonight?" she asks.

"Dinner with hunter" i smile. I get in the back of the car with all the girls and they all tell me happy birthday.

We went shopping and i spoiled myself.

"Jess help me pick out a dress for tonight" i say.

"Okay" she smiled. We walked around looking at dresses

"What you looking at dresses for?" the rest of the girls ask. Jess looks at me and i nod.
She then told them about Hunter and they were all really excited for me.
I find a white dress and it has a cut out string design on the back. Its an above the knee off the shoulder dress and i imediately fell in love.

"Guys" i say and hold it up. They all gasp and i try it on clapping my hand over my mouth and walk out and show the girls.

"Girl 23 has never looked so good" jess says.

I buy the dress and then we went shopping more and i bought some shoes, and another cardigan to wear with my dress. I also bought alot of makeup.

"Victorias secret?" Abbey asks.

"Duh" i say and we walk in. This store in honestly my favorite.

"Now we picking out something sexy for your date tonight?" Amber rubs her shoulder against me and i roll my eyes.

"No its not like that" i shake my head.

"I dont believe you" she says. I roll my eyes again but i didnt buy much from there. I bought some sweat pants and some perfume.

We got something to ate but i kept it simple for the dinner tonight so i just had a light strawberry salad.

The girls and i talked about things and we stayed for a good three hours and my phone beeped.

"Shoot one hour guys" i squeal. We jumped in the car and they rush me back to my house.

I jump out of the car and run to the front door struggling with the key and when i finally get it a rush up stairs with my ten million bags and find my dress and put it on.