Chapter 26

Rosen stood up when there was a knock at the door. Cole pushed his way inside the bedroom, and stared at Rosen. Did nobody wait for an answer before entering? It basically defeated the purpose of knocking.

"Amanda wants us to get rid of the car now, it'll look suspicious to the Def if we don't hide it." Cole said, stuffing his hands in his pockets. Rosen nodded at him, sparing me a momentary glance.

"Alright, lets go," he replied, leaving the room without saying anything further.

"Don't worry, we will be quick. Amanda will keep you safe while we are gone," Cole said to me, a small smile on his face. I frowned.

"I'd rather be with her anyways. You make it seem like I trust you, but I don't Cole," I muttered coldly. I don't know why I was more friendly towards Rosen, when Cole was the nicer one.

Maybe it's because my heart was still attached to Rosen.

I awoke with a start when I heard feet banging up the stairs. I blinked away the blurriness from my eyes and glanced at the clock at the bedside table. eleven o'clock. I must have fallen asleep by accident.

I sat up, glancing towards the door. The room light was still on, so whoever was out there would probably think I was awake yet. I guessed Rosen and Cole were back, as I hadn't heard them come back while I was awake.

I quickly got up and turned the light off, holding my breath when one set of the footsteps paused outside my door. The other continued for a few beats before stopping, silencing any noise in the hallway.

"What are you doing?" I heard Rosen's voice through the door. "Leave her alone."

"Stop with the act, you're worried about her too," Cole whispered back, his voice right outside the door. Rosen didn't answer to that.

"Stop flirting," Rosen grumbled. Was he jealous of Cole being nice to me? "getting close to her will only make it harder. Distance yourself." He wasn't jealous, just looking out for Cole. Rosen had said Cole had a big heart. The footsteps resumed and I heard a door shut a little loudly.

"Maybe you should listen to your own advice," Cole muttered. He waited another moment before I heard his footsteps disappear down the hallway.

I waited, making sure there were no more signs of someone being up before I quickly slipped back to bed and under the covers this time. Even though I had already been sleeping for quite some time, the past couple of stressful days had set in a deep exhaustion that quickly pulled me under.

"I don't see many girls," A voice awoke me, something poking my cheek. I blinked in surprise seeing the little boy, Jay, hovering over me. I leaned up on my elbows and looked at him curiously. Did the Defaecatio not recruit girls? But then, what about Amanda. "Do all girls sleep as much as you do?" Jay asked, a lock of curly hair falling onto his forehead.

Glancing at the time I saw it was eleven o'clock in the afternoon. I really must have been tired to be sleeping so much.

"Jay, don't bug her," Rosen scolded when he noticed us after walking past my room. He stopped to lean against the doorframe, waggling his finger at the kid. He seemed to be in a pretty upbeat mood.

Jay sighed, moving away from me and towards Rosen, allowing me to fully sit up in the bed. Rosen looked at me, but didn't say anything as shut my bedroom door behind Jay when he left.

I went downstairs after I had gotten ready, only to find everyone crowded on the couch watching the TV.

"You missed it Ellie! You were on the TV," Jay said excitedly, pointing to the screen. I spared it a glance, but looked back to see them all staring at me. "They said you're family misses you." The little boy frowns, turning to the other boys. "What is family?"