Chapter 33

And that's how I found myself, a seventeen year old girl, entering a strip club with two guys. Thankfully because it wasn't quite nightfall yet, the club wasn't extremely busy. But I was still surprised when we walked through the rusted doors to find the room pumping with music. There was a bar that ran the length of the room on both sides, and a huge stage situated up front. I wanted to gag at seeing all the poles throughout the room.

My face was practically glued to Rosen's back because I was trailing behind him so closely. At some point I had actually grabbed the back of his shirt to hold on to.

Glancing around, I saw a group of guys situated at one of the tables, laughing and drowning down their beer. Nobody was up on the stage or on any of the poles-- thank god. But I did see girls wearing almost nothing bustling around the place. Most of them seemed to be preparing for the night to start.

Walking up to the bar, Rosen rapped his knuckles against the wood to try and gain someone's attention. After a few moments, a beefy looking man with a cigarette dangling between his lips came out from a back room.

"Whaddya want," he grunted, looking between Rosen and Cole, paying no attention to me.

"We're looking for Chez, I spoke to him on the phone," Rosen answered calmly.

"You Rosen?" the man asked, his gaze roving to see me trying to disappear behind Rosen's back. He gave me a sly grin. Rosen must have noticed his line of sight as he shifted, trying to turn the attention back on him.

"That's me," Rosen nodded.

"Is that what you're paying with?" the guy questioned, nodding at me. Rosen and Cole both seemed confused, not realizing what he was nodding at. The man only grinned, pushing out of the bar and joining us on the other side.

Rosen visibly stiffened, turning along with the man and leaving me between the both of them now. The man grabbed my chin with his clammy hands, and I sensed Rosen's hand fly to his pocket where his gun was hidden.

"Calm down boy," the man grumbled, turning my face from side to side and observing it. I remained as still as possible, barely breathing. "She's a bit too pale, but Chez likes a pretty face above all else," he mused. Rosen, finally connecting what he meant, pulled me out of the man's grasp.

"She's not for sale," Rosen growled lowly, his hand resting on the gun in his pocket as a warning. The man chuckled in return.

"Ah so she's your girl. A little risky bringing her in a place like this, don't you think?" Rosen gritted his teeth, but still held onto my hand. Cole remained a silent observer, prepared to back up Rosen if he needed it. My eyes were wide, and I tried to remain calm through all of this. They bought people here.

"I'll take you back to Chez, but the girl stays out here," the man finally said after a few tense moments. "Maybe she'll learn a thing or two from our girls," he grinned and my eyes narrowed. No way did I want to learn anything from them.

"Stay right here, don't move or talk to anyone," Rosen said, turning to me. I couldn't believe he was actually going to leave me out here on my own. I glared at him, clearly indicating I was not okay with this, but nodded.

"I want you both to know I hate you," I muttered, earning a wide grin from the man. Cole and Rosen hadn't appeared to hear me.

The three of them all walked back behind the counter and into the back room, disappearing without a backward glance.

I could feel the hair on the back of my neck rise, when I heard the men sitting at the table bellow in laughter. But when I turned to look, they were too engaged with each other to have noticed me.