0.6

{Luke}.

PLEASE FOLLOW @ISITHIORHEMMO ON IG BC THATS MY NEW ACCOUNT FOR MY BOOKS.

I woke up rather early, though I wasn't able to get much sleep. My mind kept replaying the events of all that had happened and I started to wonder if this really was going to be easy as I had hoped. I soon began to doubt that it would, whilst knowing that it would only be twice as hard for Calum than it ever would be for us.

Delilah was still at the hospital as far as I was aware. Michael and Ashton had left though, and I knew that Michael was still really struggling with everything. I think it would be a day or two before we saw him again, but that was understandable.

When I arrived at the hospital, I was confused to see Delilah curled up in a chair outside of Calum's room, sound asleep. I would have thought that she would insist to be at Calum's side, leaving me questioning as to what happened.

I quietly made my way over to where she was resting, shaking her shoulders lightly causing her eyes to flutter open. She seemed dazed at first, taking a few second to realise where she was before mumbling a quiet 'hello' to me.

I handed her the steaming cup of coffee which she had grown to like whilst being here, though it was probably because she needed the energy that made her drink it. Nonetheless, she thanked me, sitting herself upright before checking her phone.

"Mind if I ask why you're sleeping out here?" I questioned her, to which she shook her head, smiling at me tiredly.

"Calum wanted to be left alone." She spoke, her voice sounding slightly hurt, as if she would rather not saying anything than admit that Calum didn't want her near.

"Well maybe what he wants and what he needs are two different things." I told her, trying to reassure her that Calum did in fact need her, no matter what he was feeling. "Besides, he was probably just overwhelmed, especially considering what happened when he tried to eat his food by himself." She looked at me for a moment, paused, and then turned her gaze back to the floor, almost as if she was trying to decipher what I was feeling in order to make up her own mind.

"It's really hard for me to see him like this, and I know its just as hard for you, so thank you for always being here for me. I wish I could do the same for you." She spoke up, her fingers nervously tapping the side of her cup.

I smiled warmly down at her, pulling her in for a hug and feeling her breathe out in relief before she pulled away.

"Is Calum awake yet?" She asked me and I shrugged my shoulders in response.

"I haven't been in yet." I told her, looking around distractedly, impatient to go and see him.

"Well, let's go and see him then." She chirped up, on her toes in seconds, pulling me up with her. I chuckled at her, following closely behind as we quietly made our way into the room.

Calum was awake, his head tilted to the right as his eyes scanned over the wall. I coughed a little to make our presence known, but he didn't even show any interest in us.

"Morning, Cal." I spoke guardedly, but he remained silent, not even bothering to look at either of us. My eyebrows furrowed together and I looked over to Delilah with a confused look on my face, wondering why he was acting distant. She sighed morosely, and I got the feeling that this had happened before. 

"He was like this after you left." She whispered to me, keeping her voice low so Calum wouldn't hear us talking about him, right in front of him.

I tried again, attempting to ignore her words and snap Calum out of his mood. "Cal, buddy, you ok?" I grew a little frustrated as he continued to neglect me, my words seeming to go right through him.

Delilah made her way over to the vacant seat beside Calum's bed, sitting down soundlessly as if she had no place even being here. She kept her mouth closed, her fingers fiddling as she looked down at the floor, not daring to speak a word to Calum. But why? She hadn't done anything wrong.

"Calum, mate. What's up with you?" I pushed on, annoyed that he was only making the situation even more harder to deal with. He breathed out heavily, his jaw tensing as he did so. "At least make an effort to acknowledge your girlfriend, she's only been here for you for the past six weeks."

And then he snapped. 

"I never asked for her, I never asked for any of this. You come in here and expect me to be happy because I'm alive, so that's all good for you. That's all you care about, isn't it? That I'm alive so you don't feel the grief of losing someone. Everything's great now, right?" You could hear the bitterness in his tone, the pure anger that radiated from his lips, leaving him breathless by the end of it after using most of his energy to release his anger out on me. Despite his stuttering and mispronunciation of  several words, he got his point across.

"And I never asked for you either, so I don't know why you're wasting your time." He finished off, his last words stinging as they were aimed at me.

"Calum, you're my best friend, and I thought you were dying. How do you think I'm supposed to act? Did you really think that I wouldn't be here for you?" I questioned him, disbelief in my voice though it was masked by pain. 

"I don't know." He mumbled out. "Maybe you shouldn't be here. This isn't your place."

I felt a slight second of guilt for holding all this anger towards him, but it was clear that he didn't care at this point. After everything I had been through in the past six weeks for him, this is what it came down to. I couldn't even think of staying at this point.

I left them.

-

Ohhh.

Sorry, like 3 days without an update. I would blame it on the two essays I have due this week, but I've barely started them, so that's not why I haven't updated, lol.

Geez Calum, you're so r00d.

60 COMMENTS FOR AN UPDATE. YOU CAN DO IT (JUST DO IT).

Love you .x