1.9

{Delilah}.

Luke pulled up outside the quiet bar, the lights from his car shining onto the glistening road until he came to a stop, stepping out and walking over to me as I leaned against the brick walls of the building. I kept my head down until he reached me, a slight look of irritation on his features.

"I'm sorry." I apologised, watching his face fall as he sighed.

He didn't really know what to say, so he just lifted his arm up and guided me to the car, helping me as I almost lost my balance. He climbed in, his hands moving up to grasp the wheel as he stared onwards, still silent. I looked over at him through the corners of my eyes wondering why he wasn't driving.

"I don't know where to take you."

"Home." I murmured, hoping he wouldn't even have to ask.

But he did. "To Calum?"

I shook my head softly, my hair falling over my shoulders. "No," I told him. "Just take me home. I don't want Calum to see me like this."

He nodded understanding, turning the radio onto a quiet volume as he drove the familiar streets, 'Lego House' by Ed Sheeran softly being hummed along to by Luke.

When we finally reached my house, he pulled up at the curb turning the engine off and sighing once again. I went to leave, but he grabbed onto my wrist stopping me from doing so. "Wait." He mumbled and I fell back down onto the seat, closing the car door to keep the warmth in.

We sat in silence for a few moments and I awaited him to talk. I kept quiet, waiting for the words to strike, but they didn't come. Nothing left his parted lips despite how much he wanted to speak. I guess he felt as though no amount of words could change the way I felt. And sadly, it was true. Once again I turned to leave and this time he didn't stop me. He couldn't even if he tried.

I hurried into my house, the air cold and the rooms dark making me feel emptier than I already was. It felt like I hadn't been here in ages. It didn't even feel like home anymore, but then again, nowhere did.

I watched Luke's car drive away, making sure I was completely alone again before I ventured into the garage, grabbing however many bottles I could carry. It wasn't long before I lost myself again, feeling my blood drown in alcohol, but drunk or sober; I couldn't forget a thing.

-

{Calum}.

I hadn't managed to get a second of sleep despite how exhausted I was. My mind kept me up, thoughts of Delilah striking by the hour. I knew this was hard for her and I tried to give her space, but all I really wanted was for her to be ok, for her not be scared to come back to me.

If she needed me, I'd be there for her, but right now, I don't think I was what she needed. I don't think I was of anything worthy to her at all, but I understood. I knew she was ready to leave the night this all happened, so I was crazy to believe that this could suddenly change everything. If she didn't love me anymore, if she couldn't; I understood why.

Luke wouldn't say, but I knew he went to find her. I could tell by the way his face fell as he checked his phone, the way he didn't even seem surprised as he glanced down at the screen. He wouldn't say what happened, let alone that it was really her he was going to help, but I could just tell it was. If anybody needed anyone more than me, it was her.

He finally got back near midnight which was a surprise to me as I expected him to go straight home. But he didn't and he took Delilah's place in the seat next to me, unable to fill the emptiness inside me that only Delilah could muster.

"Is she ok?" I asked him after several minutes silence, the room dark and the sound of rain pouring outside.

"No," Luke told me. "No, I don't think she is."

Sorry for the like, three day wait, but I've really been planning this story and I hope the ending breaks your little heart in two ( 😏 ).

THAT ENDING THOUGH !!! ^

GEEZ, SOMEONE GET DELILAH SOME HELP BECAUSE SHE'S LOSING HER MIND. No, but seriously.

Michael makes me laugh. Perrie Edwards is one of my favourite humans ever (#goals).

100 COMMENTS FOR AN UPDATE

I'M NOT EVEN JOKING, I MADE YOU WAIT THREE DAYS BC IT TOOK YOU A WHILE TO GET TO 70, I'M SURE AS SURE ON THIS ONE.

Love you.