0.9

{Delilah}.

There's a difference between being alone, and feeling alone. Earlier, I chose to be alone, I needed a break from everything, so I left. But now, everyone has seemed to have left me and I don't think I've ever felt quite so lonely. 

I didn't go back to Calum that night and I waited an hour or so before finding Luke again, assuming that he was just frustrated because of how Calum was behaving; but he really was angry at me, and I couldn't work out why. 

I found Luke standing outside on the balcony I discovered on Calum's first night here. He didn't hear me at first, having his headphones in as he stared out at the night, but I made my presence noticed by carefully moving to stand a few metres to his side.

He sighed and looked down after seeing me, still leaning against the balcony wall, pulling his earphones out of his ears. He was still pissed at me, clearly, but I wanted to find out why it was that he seemed to be avoiding me. I wanted to know what I had done to make him so annoyed.

The tension was thick in the air and I found myself hoping that it would all just blow away with the wind. It didn't, and I swallowed my courage to find the words to say to him.

"Are you ok?" I asked him cautiously. The words kind of just rolled off my tongue without me being able to stop them. I didn't even think about them, but I guess that deep down they were the words that I wanted to be asked.

He huffed and shook his head, scuffing his feet against the cement. "Not really." He replied honestly, still not looking towards me. I took a step nearer to him and in return he stood up straighter as if he was now able to move away if I got too close.

"Are you angry at me, Luke?" I asked him, hoping for a straight-forward answer, but I didn't get one.

"Does it look like I'm angry at you?" He asked sarcastically, rolling his eyes as he began to kick the wall lightly, ruffling the edges of his black converse.

I sighed, pausing to look away for a moment and inhaling a deep breath.

"Have I done something to upset you? If I have, I'm really sorry." 

Luke chuckled at my naiveness, my uncertainty being a weakness of mine for him to use against me.

"How can you say sorry for something you don't even know your apologising for? You can't possibly mean it when you say it like that. It could have been over something so small, or it could have even been over the biggest thing in the world, and all you say is 'sorry' without even knowing how bad it is, without any real meaning because it might just be too much."

"Sorry." I mumbled out instinctively, earning an even more pissed off expression from Luke.

"Please, just tell me what I've done wrong." I push.

He walks past me, heading over to stand on my left side, still with a couple of metres distance. 

"Calum doesn't even want to look at me." 

I felt my heart sink in my chest knowing the exact pain Luke was feeling, but I still didn't know what to say in order to make him feel better.

"If it helps, he's barely spoken to me."

"Yeah, well now he won't even speak to me, either." He snapped causing me to flinch at his harsh tone.

"Luke, I'm sorry."

"No, you're not. You could have spoken up, you could have said something. You let me take the blame when none of this was my fault."

Was this honestly still about the fact that Calum thought we had a "thing" going on? Or was this about the crash..

"Luke, I promise you, I didn't mean any of this." My words didn't come out right and my mind started drawing blanks whenever I tried to explain myself. 

There was a silence between us as he turned to face me, tears softly rolling down my cheeks. I never expected the words to leave his mouth, therefore I was never prepared for the pain they brought along with them.

"Yeah, well, maybe you caused it."

-

Luke, stop, that's rude. Don't hurt Del, she's been through enough.

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK. ARE YOU ANNOYED AT CAL AND LUKE? WHAT ABOUT POOR DEL, IS SHE ALL ALONE? WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN.

Guys, my friend's dad is going for some job interviews so if you could pray that God sends blessings to her family, it would mean a lot.

I listened to Jet Black Heart and I posted the lyrics and apparently it was leaked and I didn't know and #OhNoNicole.

40 COMMENTS FOR UPDATE, I'M SERIOUS.