2.5

{Delilah}.

It was finally time for Calum to come home.

No one seemed as happy as expected, but we knew we all had our reasons. I stayed out in the hallway with along with Luke, Michael and Ashton as the nurses finished getting Calum ready to leave this place. It wasn't long before the door to his room opened and he was wheeled over to us. I forced a smile onto my lips as he looked up at me nervously, fiddling with his hands on his lap which always meant that he was worried.

Michael instantly brought him into a hug making Calum chuckle at his actions. I wondered behind Calum, taking hold of the grips of his wheelchair and pushing him through the hallway as the boys led us out of the hospital.

He breathed deeply as the cold air hit his skin, having not had a breath of fresh air in a long time. Michael and Ashton quickly took off, heading to mine and Calum's house where we would soon meet them. Luke stayed with me, there to help Calum in the car when we reached it.

The closer and closer we got to the car, the more Calum tensed, shifting around in his seat uncomfortably. I squeezed his shoulder for reassurance, feeling him relax under my fingers. Luke opened the door, turning around to face Calum who was biting his nails, staring absently at the ground. I moved to Calum's side as Luke moved to his other, ready to help lift up Calum, but he refused.

"I can't," he mumbled out, fear evident in his expression. I looked to Luke who didn't seem that much surprised at his reaction. I shifted my weight, favouring my left foot as I continued to stand beside Calum. The movement seemed to scare him, almost as if he felt I was going to force him.

"No, no. I can't," he repeated, only seeming to grow more panicked by the second. 

Luke bent down in front of him, crouching so that he was around his height. "Hey, it's ok," he promised him, taking his time to calm him down. "Nothing's going to happen."

Calum closed his eyes and steadied his breathing, nodding his head softly before allowing us to help him up. I closed the door after helping him in, climbing in the backseat behind him as Luke slowly began to drive off, Calum's hands desperately holding onto his seat.

The ride was silent, no one knowing quite what to say, though I think it was better that way. Calum was relieved when we reached our house, hurrying to get out of the car then minute Luke pulled out the keys from the engine. I was almost too nervous to go inside with Calum, too overwhelmed with the thought that everything was about to change. 

I could tell he was scared too, but still, he went inside and I followed. He relaxed onto the couch, sinking into the cushions as he laid his head back, waiting for everyone to take a seat.

"It's good to have you back, Cal," Ashton smiled, his voice sincere and heartfelt like he had just been given a second chance.

"It's good to be back." Calum responded with, his words seeming to make the both of us a little uncomfortable. Luke quickly spoke up after noticing the tension, changing subjects and trying to involve everyone in a new conversation, filling Calum in with what he'd missed.

I joined in with their laughter every now and then, smiling half-heartedly whenever someone looked at me, my gaze never away from the floor for too long.

I couldn't stop think about Calum. I couldn't stop thinking about how everything had changed. I couldn't stop wishing that he just let me get away that night.

-

Sucky chapter but aye, 24 comments so thanks guys. Feeling the love...

What even is the point of having a comment goal anymore? I mean, you guys don't even comment at all unless it's to get an update.

I have an audition tomorrow..

Love you.

Bye.